BuzzFeed (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture & commerce, our brands drive conversation & inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, & obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news & entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, & creative; & inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders & creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks & HuffPost to come.
BuzzFeed is searching for an experienced Supervising Video Producer to oversee production & people for the Black Identity brand, Cocoa Butter. Your role will report to the Executive Producer & will partner with teams across production to ensure the creative quality & output expectations for the team. A successful candidate will have experience & a passion for content creation about Black culture, trends, & lifestyle.
- Manage a team of freelance & full-time producers
- Provide creative feedback & notes on all projects going on Cocoa Butter
- Work with various partner teams to help support the producers on the team
- Create space for brainstorming sessions
- Oversee multiple ongoing projects & find creative ways to remove roadblocks
- Maintain regular communication with Executive Producer, Publishing lead, & Production teams to coordinate timely delivery of videos
- Work with the Production & Post teams to oversee all projects from pre-production to publishing
- Work independently to deliver quality results with minimal supervision
- Applicants should only apply if they have 5 yrs. experience with web/digital content & at least 2 years of management experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro & Photoshop
- Excellent organizational & communication skills
- Understands the fundamentals of the pre-production to post workflow
- Candidates must provide sample work via web viewing links
- Familiarity with what goes viral on YouTube & Tiktok
- Comprehension of YouTube analytics
- Drive for making high-quality content
- Passion for working in a team environment
- Deep understanding of illustrations & visual storytelling
- Passion for creating content featuring Black culture & identities
Life at BuzzFeed
We celebrate inclusion & are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
We want all employees to feel safe & comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health & safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) & open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, & WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, & VT.