Company Description|Job Description
BlaBlaCar's vision is to bring fairness, freedom & fraternity to the world of travel.
BlaBlaCar was created in 2006 with one dream in mind: fill the millions of empty seats on the road to create an efficient, affordable & friendly way to travel. Today, our global, trusted community counts 75 million members in 22 countries, enabling a smarter, large scale & truly sustainable transport network.
Born from a simple idea of people sharing their rides, BlaBlaCar's ambition is to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility. We offer long distance carpooling service, a commuting carpooling service, & since 2018 a marketplace bus service too. A filled bus emits one third of the emissions per passenger kilometer as an average car. So we want to fill those seats too!
In 2018, 84 million travellers used BlaBlaCar globally saving 1.6 million tons of CO2. Meanwhile we enabled human connections, bringing people closer together in more ways than one with 87% of members say that carpooling is an enriching experience.
BlaBlaCar offers a truly & unique international environment with a team counting 35 nationalities, serving a global member-base from 8 offices in Berlin, Kiev, Madrid, Milan, Moscow, Paris (HQ), So Paulo, Warsaw. English is the official spoken language across BlaBlaCar. We are privately-held & founder-led. Our team of 500 employees is entrepreneurial, passionate, & fundamentally mission-driven.
As Head of Program, you will ensure the overall efficiency, quality & security of the products shipped by the Engineering team by handling the required transversality.
Your scope will embrace engineering delivery, & all the code being shipped to external/internal users & partners.
What you will be in charge of :
1) Global deliveringprocesses & tools :
- Defining, implementing, enhancing andensuringadoption of these processes & tools with strong change management skills. This includes agile vs. operating mode, roadmap processes, dependency identification & followup;
- Providinghigh-level view on the ongoing software projects to the entire company, prepare & orchestrate tradeoffs decisions at key moments (roadmaps, etc) ;
- Managingrequests / needs expressed from internal stakeholders such as Marketing, Legal or CRT to ensure the request is tackled by the appropriate team.
2) Managinga team of PO or Program managers for complex projects with multiple interfaces (current examples : Cloud migration, bus partner API)
3) Deliveringtransversality :
- Leadingand promotingactivities having a transversal impact on any development team + aiming at increasing our development delivery efficiency / velocity / quality;
- Including Security, Quality Assurance, SEO & Localization;
- Includingalso a key contribution to staffing plan ramp-up according to roadmap & between-component team dependencies.
4) Team management :
- Definingand communicating vision, goals, OKRs, share failures & successes, definingthe relevant organization & staffing needs, recruiting, onboarding & developing your team members.
What you will need to be successful:
- The right candidate will have experience withsignificant engineering teams, set strategy, & will be really interested in tooling, process & communication subjects.
Having managed engineering teams or geographically distributed projects is a plus
Be comfortable working with executives & senior leaders, be proficient at running executive meetings
Strong program management
Structured approach to decision making, but with a strong bias towards action & speed
High-level thinker, but also detail-oriented when executing on projects
Emotional intelligence, empathy, & ability to establish trusting & strong relationships
Strong oral & written communication skills & ability to influence others
Fluent in English
A few practical details about the role :
- Start: As soon as you are ready!
- Location: Paris HQ
- Contract: Permanent contract
What we offer all of our employees:
- A start-up spirit that fosters agility, teamwork & impact
- Challenging career opportunities in a high-growth & fast-paced environment
- An inspiring working environment including state-of-the-art office spaces
- Free carpooling to live our value Be The Member
- Annual BlaBlaBreak which takes us all for an unforgettable weekend
- Bi-Weekly BlaBlaTalks when we learn from each other
- Weekly Tech Demos
What is next:
If you are ready to join our exciting journey, please apply below: upload your resume in English (PDF format) & answer our questions in English.
Kindly note that only complete applications will be reviewed by our hiring team & that all your information will be kept confidential.
You can expect us to review your application within the following 2weeks. If your application fits our requirements, we will invite you to a first call followed by twointerviews with analytical tests & case study.
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.