Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart that enables anyone to build a beautiful online presence. Product designers at Squarespace are embedded within teams alongside product managers & engineers, along with partner disciplines. Our product teams are deeply collaborative, & each member is directly responsible for the team's success.
Were looking for a Senior Product Designer to join the Enterprise team, which sits within the Platform group in the product organization. The Platform group is responsible for the users journey with Squarespace by providing a consistent & holistic experience across products.
The Enterprise team is responsible for evolving our core Squarespace offering of design excellence & expressibility for the needs & challenges faced by larger organizations, which is an upmarket, underserved customer segment. (historically weve been exclusively focused on individuals & small/medium-sized businesses). This is an opportunity to build the next massive business line at Squarespace through differentiation & reaching new customer segments. There is a lot of greenfield space for discovering opportunities to pursue with your team, so this role requires an experiment driven mindset & systems approach to solving problems.
You'll report to the Product Design Director, Platform.
This opportunity is exciting for (more than) a few reasons:
- Build an entirely new line of revenue as the company evolves into a robust multi-product company. The team is aligned with our corporate objectives & has buy-in from leadership & cross-functional partners.
- Build for a new customer segment, which requires a different approach from consumers in terms of both discovery & delivery. We have acquired customers & started development on the initial table stakes features, while partnering with our early adopters for feedback.
- The ability to co-create the process, rituals, etc with your newly formed team, along with the opportunity to grow / scale the team next year & beyond.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
- Improve & evolve our existing design solutions as needed for enterprises to successfully scale on Squarespace
- Create rational, articulable, elegant solutions to complex problems
- Think holistically about our customers journey & product ecosystem
- Contribute to goal setting, product strategy, vision, & roadmap by working closely with Product Management & Engineering partners
- Collaborate closely with Product Designers, Research & Content Strategy on evolving solutions
- Collaborate with Product & Engineering teams from concept & discovery through delivery & beyond
- Collaborate with up-stream & down-stream product teams to ensure a consistent user journey
- Be data-driven & have an interest in measuring & improving the experience
- Facilitate user research & testing, ensuring usability & product consistency
- 5+ years of experience, ideally in companies building technology for enterprise customers
- Affinity for consistency, color, typography, animation & a keen eye for subtle details
- Experience in the UX process inclusive of research, visual design & prototyping
- Pair a strong desire to discover & fulfill the needs of users with a proven ability to turn insights into compelling product solutions
- Knowledge of current trends in design & technology
- Proficiency in animation tools like Principle
- Added bonus if you are excited about the challenges faced by larger organizations, & integrating that perspective as a new customer segment.
A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement & how you contributed to solving specific problems.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.