Latch is seeking an exceptional Android Developer to join our engineering team! You will be an integral part of the Latch Android team that is responsible for feature design, debugging, & product maintenance of the Latch Android mobile applications. You will work within cross-functional feature teams & collaborate closely with firmware engineers, designers, & product managers.
As an Android Developer focused on connected devices, you will utilize Bluetooth Low Energy & other communication protocols to seamlessly link our hardware devices to our client apps & server software. You will refine & implement Android APIs that allow higher level code to access communication functionality in a simple manner. These APIs are used to create features like simple device setup, automatic data synchronization, & real time device coordination experiences.
Smart access isnt about locking doors, its about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the worlds first fully integrated hardware & software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. Were looking for the curious & the creative to join our team & help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spac
- Expertise in Java
- Knowledge of Android Design Patterns
- Strong preference for Test Driven Development
- Ability to evaluate solutions both in both pragmatic & ideal terms
- Command of algorithms, data structure, & design patterns as well as object oriented design principles
- Experience creating reusable components with elegant, intuitive interfaces
- Developing & consuming RESTful network APIs
- Beneficial to have skills in developing software for devices that use Bluetooth Low Energy in both a Central & Peripheral role
- Ability to improve performance via Instruments & other profiling tools
- Experience designing application level protocols
- Familiarity with agile work flow
- Ability to communicate effectively with interdisciplinary team
- BS (Required)/MS/PHD in Computer Science or related field
- At least 3 years of professional software development experience with Java
- At least 1 year of experience working with the Android SDK
- Strongly preferred to have been part of a team that released an Android app to the Google Play Store
- Strong understanding of software design, architecture, data-structures, multi-threading, testing, security, & performance
- Bonus: Experience releasing & managing Android apps in the Google Play Store
Founded in 2013, Latch is a venture backed startup building the worlds first complete smart access system. We now boast over 100 employees, all of whom are all passionate self starters with unique backgrounds & unexpected stories. We are located just a quick walk from Penn Station in New York City. We offer unlimited Paid Time Off & a competitive health package. And we offer an office environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, & dynamic peers. And there is no better time to join us. As we grow as a company, we are excited to see our employees grow with us.