As a Product Engineer youll be leveraging Appians low code automation to help deliver the Appian Platform to our customers. Your mission will be to ensure our platform interfaces are always fast, scalable & up to whatever tasks our customers configure it to do. You will be solving problems of scale & flexibility that most engineers never see, building a product capable of serving our customers in ways you never imagined. Your scope extends from the high-performance data layer to the cross-platform user interface to the design tools used to create it.
About the job
- Leverage knowledge of data structures, algorithms, & design patterns to write applications & solutions in existing Appian frameworks (SAIL, Process Models, Rules, Expressions, & all Appian Objects) & light full-stack & mobile development.
- Leverage relevant Application development experience to influence practices and development.
- Manage availability, latency, scalability & efficiency of the product by engineering reliability into Application & systems.
- Contribute to Application performance analysis & system tuning.
- Contribute to story breakdowns, acceptance criteria definition, technical architecture & design, code review, & automated test development.
- Respond to & resolve emergent problems; write Appian Applications & build automation to prevent problem recurrence.
- You have 4-6 years of experience in software development or related fields.
- You have a strong background in developing integrations using REST APIs.
- Youre educated, with at least a BS in Computer Science or a technical/engineering degree.
- You have a solid foundation of, or love for, technology.
- You enjoy working with stakeholders to define business processes & gather functional system requirements. You are not an order taker; you ask why questions & solve the right problems.
- Understanding of Agile software practices
- Preferred experience with relational databases (MySQL or similar) including designing data models and/or entity relationship diagrams (ERDs) for business use cases.
- Prior experience with enterprise systems including CRM, HRIS, ERP & their corresponding business domain knowledge
Appian helps organizations build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, & data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources & improve business results. Many of the worlds largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk management & compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers & throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth & opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate & our employees are to thank for Appians success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com & let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.