Blink Health is a well-funded healthcare technology company on a mission to make prescription drugs more accessible & affordable for everyone. We're scaling up in a highly complex vertical to change the way Americans access the prescription drugs they need.
Our proprietary platform & supply chain allows us to offer everyone whether they have insurance or not amazingly inexpensive prices on over 15,000 medications. With the addition of telemedicine & home delivery for prescriptions, Blink is providing a life-changing experience for people all over the country & fixing how opaque, unfair & overpriced healthcare has become. We are a highly collaborative team of builders & operators who invent new ways of working in an industry that historically has resisted innovation. Join us!
- You are an engineer who, above all, is excited to build products that give our customers the best possible experience purchasing prescription medications. You have professional experience working on a team turning ideas into reliable, maintainable code.
- Software Engineers at Blink are responsible for building our world class products. Your job is to take ownership over one of our hardest problems, envision & refine strategic solutions, & drive execution like an entrepreneur.
- You will collaborate closely with a talented, cross-functional team designers, product managers, data scientists, marketers, & operators. Through these partnerships, youll grow our business, build our core platform, & - above all - make sure that our customers have access to the least expensive & highest satisfaction pharmacy experience on earth.
- At Blink, we determine the specific focus of engineering roles through the interview process. Key potential areas of ownership include: our telemedicine platform; our home delivery experience; our growth team; our core pharmacy platform; & new product line development. Well work with you to find the right fit.
How to achieve success/acumen:
All Blinkers are expected to operate with our value of Good Giving in mind. Our culture is infused with the dedication & enthusiasm of employees who continuously strive to make a difference. Heres how you will do that in this role.
Good Execution - Do your best work
Design new APIs to power new features
- Fix performance problems & debug production issues
- Perform peer code & architecture reviews
- Build new features, write unit tests, & lead the release of these features to production.
- Develop & AB test new ReactJS components to improve our user experience
Good Owner - Be the CEO of your role
- Help the team ship new products & features successfully with the right skills, mentorship & organizational resources to deliver amazing experiences for our patients
- Coach, mentor & develop engineers to reach individual goals while fostering cross-functional collaboration & product success
- Take responsibility for the long term success of product projects & people
Good Learning - Learn something new every day
- Demonstrate curiosity & an interest in learning new techniques & improving upon best practices to stay up-to-date with current & emerging trends
- Lead by example putting new ideas into action, failing fast & learning from each experience
Good Feedback - Consider the perspective of others
- Listen actively & respond effectively through a variety of channels
- Give & receive candid & constructive feedback
- Promote trust & encourage teamwork allow the product team to do their best work
- Have built consumer & platform based applications professionally
- 5+ years in a software engineering role building consumer facing products
- Want to work in a highly collaborative environment: we believe a team can be stronger than its individual parts
- You have a lot of experience with Python, ReactJS, or even better, both
- You have experience building polished, consumer-grade websites
- Are independent & curious
- Are comfortable owning features from design through delivery to production
- Have experience with one or more modern programming languages
- Are willing to dive into a large code base & contribute immediately
- Enjoy writing code that is understandable, maintainable, & testable
- Can communicate effectively with other engineers, designers, product managers, & anyone else at Blink
- Are excited to both design scalable APIs & elegant front-end code
- Collaborative & Communicative - you love being part of a diverse team, building consensus, & establishing credibility. You are a Class-A communicator: curious, thoughtful, clear, & (mostly) correct.
- Technical - an engineering background/skills are highly preferred for Product roles at Blink.
- BA/BS degree from top institution; MBA or CompSci degree preferred but not required.
Why Join Us:
At Blink, we put humans first. We want everyone at Blink to be able to do the best work of their lives. We are a relentlessly learning, constantly curious & aggressively collaborative cross-functional team dedicated to inventing new ways to improve the lives of our customers.