Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world.
If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa is looking for a talented UI/UX Product Designer to join our Innovation & Design team. Join a dynamic group that conceives & designs new concepts & plays a pivotal role in collaborations with Visa partners, working with emerging technologies such as Internet of Things & card-less payments.This job is in Visa's Innovation Studio in Nairobi, where we partner with Visa clients from across Sub Saharan Africa to create ground-breaking payments products & experiences & solve unique client problems.
The Designer will be part of product development projects that include ideation, iteration & testing. Projects are derived based on forces shaping how consumers earn, spend, & save. This role will also contribute to driving much of Visa's global new product roadmap through applied exploration & development. You'll apply user-centered design principles & work closely with stakeholders to conceive & design beautiful, useable & engaging product interfaces. You'll be involved in the early stages of research & ideation & will collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams through the iteration & development process. You are an accomplished UX designer who is fluent with digital experiences across platforms.
Creating great UI is an important part of this role. This means creating both rapid UI prototypes as well as pixel perfect outcomes. This requires you to have a passion for building UI & you have a deep understanding & appreciation of how a delightful visual can drive user behavior & affect digital interactions. All of our team members are strategic thinkers & conceptual problem solvers who make every design decision an informed one. Each team member is trusted to independently manage their time & work, & make bold decisions using their best judgement. We value proven skills over big egos & thrive on positive, transparent teamwork.
- Design mobile, desktop & device specific experiences that are delightful & engaging
- Produce wireframes, visual designs, style guides & pattern libraries
- Create working UI prototypes that communicate the next generation commerce experiences (InVision or other similar product knowledge is a plus). As the sole UI designer in the Nairobi studio, this is a critical part of the role.
- Be comfortable & able to flex between rapid prototyping & building pixel perfect outcomes. E.g. on one project, out rapid UI prototypes in record time for iteration with clients; in another project, take final outputs to the highest standards of UX & UI design.
- Build a world-class User Experience solution that supports the needs of the Visa digital solutions team & products
- Present design concepts to Senior Leadership & external partners
- Gather & incorporate requirements & feedback from multiple stakeholders
- Understand & advocate for the consumer's experience
- Foster a deep & rewarding collaboration with the Product Managers, Engineers, Marketers, & our customers. Highly collaborative working is critical for success in the role
- As requested, facilitate ideation & user journey building breakout sessions
- Build the supporting documentation to insure success of a healthy User Experience team while delighting our customers.
- 5+ years in related role, experience in consumer payment, e-commerce is preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge in computer & mobile platforms (Apple & Android)
- Passionate & practical about creating great user experiences to the point of obsession
- Experience designing world class user interfaces for the web & mobile
- Knowledge of visual, UI & interaction design principles with an eye for details & consistency
- Passionate about new web technologies & web techniques to help you build next gen user experiences
- Experience & understanding of Product Management & the agile process
- Be able to stand by your designs & provide solid rationale to back up your decision
- Set the tools standards for the team & be an expert in the use of those tools
- Proven ability to work independently, provide guidance & direction to help others attain their goals
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- B.S./B.A degree or relevant design qualifications