KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provide end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
The material handler maintains production through timely distribution of product by pulling orders from inventory, moving or delivering production materials & supplies & staging finished products in a safety manner & in line with company practices.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains inventory by identifying, labeling, & placing materials & supplies in stock; recording location of inventory.
- Locates materials & supplies by pulling & verifying materials & supplies listed on production orders.
- Maintains in-process inventory at work centers by delivering & opening materials & supplies.
- Documents materials & supplies disposition by recording units delivered & location of units.
- Receives credit-return material & supplies from production by verifying materials & supplies code & lot number & quantity; placing materials in stock.
- Prepares finished stock for shipment by identifying, pulling, packing, crating, loading, & securing product.
- Documents product shipment by recording units shipped.
- Maintains material-handling equipment by completing pre-use inspections; making operator repairs
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Required Skills & Experience
- 2 years experience in a warehouse or manufacturing environment in a similar role; lumber experience preferred
- Prior operation of forklifts, pallet jacks, RF scanners & similar warehouse equipment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment where priorities are ever changing
- Proven math skills for calculations; able to complete reports & inventories & perform necessary data entry
- Dedicated to safe operation of equipment & working in a safe manner at all times; adheres to safety protocols
- Environment: able to lift 50 lbs, stand, walk, bend, twist throughout the day
- A self-starter & a team player
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.