This is an exciting opportunity to lead creating new experiences in applications for mixed reality platform using native C++. This is a hands on coding lead role where you will continue to use your development skills while you drive the technical direction of the project & mentor less senior engineers. You will have the opportunity to work with User Experience team, Interaction team & content creators. These new experiences are tailored to Mixed Reality & exercises many of the exciting Magic Leap platform features to create a magical user experiences never seen before. Qualified candidates need to be a self-starter & able to operate in a highly dynamic environment. This position is open to Plantation FL & Sunnyvale CA.
- Engineering manager of software engineers building collaboration framework & application.
- Hands on architecture design, coding, & engineering process improvement.
- Mentoring software engineers to improve quality, delivery efficiency, career growth.
- Coordinating with UX, Security, & program management to ensure effective product delivery.
- Coordinating with product team to develop product vision, engineering roadmaps, & resource requirements
- Work with QA & automation to constantly raise quality bar
- Develop great software engineers & technical leaders
- 10-15+ years of experience building applications for mobile devices using 3D & various runtime engines & development paradigms.
- 5+ years experience leading development teams & understanding of agile, negotiation, QA, & progress tracking - including Jira
- Know standard design/development methodologies, patterns, & toolsets.
- strong programming skills implementing immersive AR/VR applications
- Strong knowledge in 3D Math & graphics optimizations - including OpenGL
- Ability to consider framework design at the same time as framework user developer experience at the same time.
- Understand UX design process & experience working with a UX design team
- Experience with product coding process, including code management, testing, review - including gerritt
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting & debugging skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong preference of having shipped AR/VR applications on an embedded product.
- Experience in input frameworks & 6DOF controllers
- Experience in custom game engines, unity & unreal
- Experience implementing multimedia applications (Media Players, 360 Video) on Mobile Operating Systems
- Experience with C+11 or newer
- Masters degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.