We are looking for a talented & motivated Senior Data Engineer to join our technology team to develop, maintain, & grow our Data Warehouse & Business Intelligence platform. Being a strongly data driven company, the continued effort to refine our understanding of our business is core to what we do. Our ideal candidate is passionate about data, databases, & SQL, & will utilize their drive & skills to make significant improvements to our overall data systems.
What you'll do:
- Build out our data pipeline architecture, & optimize data flow & collection for cross functional teams. This includes designing & implementing a new scalable Data Platform & pipelines using modern data technologies
- Integrate data into our Data Warehouse from multiple sources at various time intervals to support the companys Business Intelligence & Reporting/Analytic requirements
- Help build & maintain our data model in the Data Warehouse, the Business Intelligence Platform, & integrations with source systems
- Work closely with both technical & non-technical/business teams to understand their data needs, & develop solutions to meet them
- Help evolve the implementation of the data warehouse & data integrations as requirements change
- Perform data validity, accuracy, & integrity tests across different components of the Data Platform to ensure high quality data
- Performance tuning/optimization, troubleshooting, & production support
What you're great at:
- You have 5+ years of demonstrated experience as a Data Engineer in a Business Intelligence/Analytics environment
- You have outstanding SQL skills, & are well-versed in stored procedures, analytic/window functions, views, indexing, & other database features
- You have strong experience with various Database platforms including: SQL Server, Snowflake Redshift, BigQuery & Databricks
- You have experience with ETL/ELT processes & integrations with internal & external source & target systems, & have used tools such as DBT to manage data transformations & lineage
- You have experience with cloud ETL tools such as Fivetran, Stitch, & Airbyte to extract data from internal & external data sources
- You have a strong understanding of data warehouse concepts & architecture, such as star/snowflake schema design; dimension & fact tables
- You can effectively balance short-term work (ad-hoc requests, system maintenance, tuning/optimization), with longer-term projects
- Experience working with Business Intelligence tools such as Looker (preferred) & Tableau
- Strong business acumen, with the ability to understand the data in a business context
- Excellent analytic, process flow, problem solving, troubleshooting, & communication skills
- Scripting, automation, & integrations against APIs using languages such as python
How You'll be Rewarded:
At CLEAR we help YOU move forward - because when youre at your best, were at our best. Youll work with talented team members who are motivated by our mission of making experiences safer & easier. Our hybrid work environment provides flexibility. In our offices, youll enjoy benefits like meals & snacks. We invest in your well-being & learning & development with our stipend & reimbursement programs.
We offer holistic total rewards, including comprehensive healthcare plans, family building benefits (fertility & adoption/surrogacy support), flexible time off, free OneMedical memberships for you & your dependents, & a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match. The base salary range for this role is $175,000 - $215,000, depending on levels of skills & experience.
The base salary range represents the low & high end of CLEARs salary range for this position. Salaries will vary depending on various factors which include, but are not limited to location, education, skills, experience & performance. The range listed is just one component of CLEARs total compensation package for employees & other rewards may include annual bonuses, commission, Restricted Stock Units
Have you ever had that green-light feeling? When you hit every green light & the day just feels like magic. CLEAR's mission is to create frictionless experiences where every day has that feeling. With more than 15+ million passionate members & hundreds of partners around the world, CLEARs identity platform is transforming the way people live, work, & travel. Whether its at the airport, stadium, or right on your phone, CLEAR connects you to the things that make you, you - unlocking easier, more secure, & more seamless experiences - making them all feel like magic.