Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
In this role, you will develop, deploy & maintain software solutions using Microsoft SQL Server products (SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS), Tableau & other technologies (such as Robotic Process Automation tools) to deliver solutions which improve the effectiveness & efficiency of the IAM Internal Controls function. We Primarily operations arein a Windows Server & desktop development environment although other hosting environments may be utilized in specific projects. You'll be responsible for maintaining analytics environments in conformance with Visa Corporate Key Controls, Technical Security Requirements & Privacy policies. You possessstrong project management skills while performing end-to-end automation of data analytics routines & procedures in support of key initiatives such as Continuous Control Monitoring/Auditing, & will be expected to participate in all phases of development cycle (planning, design, development, testing, deployment & maintenance). Frequent engagement/interactions with internal teams to define the business & technical requirements will occur toprototype, develop & test advanced data analytics techniques. You will need to train users, document analytic procedures,and report progress to management.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, & 4 or more years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server family of products (SSMS, SSIS, SSRS) with extensive development experience using the MS T-SQL Query Language
- 2 or more years of experience with Tableau or a similar visual analysis technology
- 2 or more years of experience in design & application of advanced data analytic techniques
- Certificate in Data Science desirable
- MCSA & MCSE certification in SQL Server desirable
- Tableau Desktop Certification desirable
- Oracle database & PL/SQL development experience desirable
- Big Data & Machine learning experience desirable
- Planning, development & execution of Microsoft SQL server, SSIS, SSRS & Tableau based data analysis procedures to create sustainable & repeatable data analytics.
- Follow Visa corporate development, deployment & change control methodologies.
- Incorporate previous MS SQL Server-based data warehouse experience including ETL best practices in project design & development.
- Monitor the refresh activities of the data warehouse including periodic data refresh, troubleshooting errors, fixing bugs & implementing enhancements.
- Apply professional skepticism when assessing data sources & validate completeness & accuracy of data received.
- Assist in the documentation of functional, technical & source data requirements.
- Act as project leader for automation & audit support projects. Regularly inform manager of project status, issues, risks & results.
- Interact with management & business partners to identify appropriate data elements required for analytics.
- Provide support on the existing data analytics environment.
- Demonstrate strong time & project management skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the data analysis process & experience with the application of data analytics in the assessment of IT & business processes.
- Consult with audit teams & provide data analysis support & guidance during audit engagement planning & execution.
- Support data requests from the various audits. Activities may include extracting & downloading data, organizing that data, data scrubbing & performing analyses including thorough documentation of the steps performed.
- Work with internal team members to meet department goals of zero audit findings with material weaknesses.
- Possess strong written & oral communication skills & demonstrate these skills during the development process.
- The incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours including routine evening global meetings
- This position does not require the incumbent to travel for work.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.