Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of our Cybersource Payments team to help design, enhance & build our transactional processing system in an agile development environment. You will work with colleagues who will support & challenge you daily. You will be part of teams tasked with multiple projects building full stack development of real-time transactional services, REST services API & Container based services that are highly functional, distributed, secure, scalable & resilient. We believe in self managing Agile teams who build products end to end focusing on unit testing, code reviews & continuous integration for excellent code quality. You will see the code written & moved to production within just a few days, to then be used by a huge customer base including Facebook, Nike, FedEx, Apple to name a few. As part of this organization , you will get an opportunity to work on a highly scalable system which processes around 400 tps 24/7.
- Our engineers do more than just write code:
- You'll help our customers achieve their real goals by understanding their requirements & how they respond to their business needs.
- You'll use technologies that include Java, REST, NoSQL, Docker & more.
- You will analyze business requirements & architect a solution that is robust & scalable along with providing technical documentation of solution.
- You'll leverage on new technologies to build the next generation of Risk Services
- You'll develop & deliver new features every few days & be responsible for them end-end
- You have the work & academic experience that will demonstrate proficiency & ease with programming languages, code quality initiatives, scripting languages & operating systems
- Your DNA includes a passion for ingenuity, engineering excellence, & following/creating software best practices & processes.
- You have excellent communication & interpersonal skills & above all, you are a team player!
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- You are a Java, Java EE expert with relevant experience designing & building large scale enterprise Java applications.
- You have experience with REST APIs, JSON & exposure to container based technologies.
- You have strong experience with Agile development incorporating Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery, utilizing technologies such as GIT, Maven,Jenkins, Chef, Crucible, Sonar, Junit.
- We count on your curiosity & creativity, to want to understand customer requirements & our processes & want to come up with creative solutions & improvements.
- While you'll have the skill to see & understand the big picture, you're able to stay focused on the task at hand to achieve immediate goals.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.