WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, & web. Customers, including Citi, Disney, Urban Outfitters, & Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands & consumers in a more authentic & human way. And we do it at scale each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 1.8 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100 Magazines 2019 Best Places to Work, & Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a documentation manager, your work will be collaborative, working across teams to get the right information to create written training resources, some technical, some navigational, & some strategy. This is a player/coach type of role; you will be regularly contributing to our documentation yourself, but also will be expected to think about the structure of how we roll out information, the process by which we collect information, & the technology we use to optimize documentation (single source, dynamic content, interactive API, etc). You'll be writing documentation about our SaaS marketing tool, as well as develop training on how to use it effectively.
Your content will not only shape how our Fortune 500 clients learn to use our platform, your work will also inform how they drive their marketing programs forward in general. Effective documentation & training is a massive part of SaaS product support & the business's bottom line revenue. Working with the client education team, you'll be exposed to various creative projects & get to explore visually interesting ways to layout information.
- Researching/crowd-sourcing information on our engagement tool by using available resources & having conversations with subject matter experts
- Writing documentation articles for our User Guide & Developer guide (documentation)
- Owning documentation structure, its evolution, & content roadmap
- Take part in the docs community & become a thought leader.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have at least +3 years experience with technical writing for SaaS
- You are solid with time management, over-communication, & delivering on time
- Meticulous attention to detail when creating/QAing content
- Takes & gives feedback constructively, in a supportive way
- The ability to take in large quantities of information & organize/distill accordingly
- Strong technical writing background
- Strong working knowledge of Github
- Taking complex concepts & making them seem simple
- Documentation layout structure
- Any knowledge of marketing technology & the martech ecosystem of products
- Coming from a SaaS/Support background
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work & life, including paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch, including snacks & beverages
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision coverage for you & your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, & fun loving office culture
In addition, this position is non-exempt & is eligible for overtime under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information & how you can exercise your rights.