Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, & web. Customers, including Citi, Disney, Urban Outfitters, & Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands & consumers in a more authentic & human way. And we do it at scale each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100 list twice, & as one of Magazines 2019 Best Places to work.
We are headquartered in New York with offices in London, San Francisco & Singapore. And we have 400 employees & are growing!
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an experienced cybersecurity professional to assess & implement security best practices, help Braze protect customer data & develop metrics to measure these goals.
As the first fully dedicated management hire into our security organization, you will be responsible for overseeing & directing information security programs & efforts at Braze. Braze has a small security team but is ISO 27001 certified, undergoes annual SOC 2 Type II audits as well as third-party penetration tests. Youll be crucial in hiring new team members & further maturing our security practices & programs as Braze.
This position reports directly to the CTO.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage a growing team of information security managers, policy managers & security engineers
- Lead the development of security monitoring & anomaly detection systems
- Develop security policies, controls & incident response planning
- Partner with Brazes legal team to ensure continued compliance with laws & applicable regulations
- Define cybersecurity objectives & key results for the measurement of Brazes security program
- Schedule & oversee periodic internal & external security audits
- Manage security incident response & IT forensics
- Advise senior management on organizational cybersecurity posture, industry trends & proactive measures for continuous improvement
WHAT YOU HAVE
- At least 10 years experience in cybersecurity
- Computer Science or IT-related degree preferred
- Strong experience in leading & managing an Information Security team, preferably within a SaaS or high-growth environment
- Understanding of application & database architectures of distributed, highly available systems
- Strong mentorship & communication skills
- Familiarity with ISO 27001 & SOC II audits
- Experience implementing various security tools & programs
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Excellent medical, dental, & vision coverage for you & your dependents
- 401(k) matching, life insurance, commuter benefits, & parental leave plans
- Daily catered lunches & fully stocked kitchen with snacks & beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial & fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work & life in the way that suits you best
This position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.