Senior Technical Recruiter, NYC or Remote
Squarespace is known for our award-winning design, innovative user interfaces, transformative use of modern technologies, & the teams that power it all behind the scenes. Our Recruiting teams mission is simple: we find & hire the exceptional talent that will help us transform the future of online publishing.
Were looking for a Senior Technical Recruiter who will partner directly with senior-level management & top-flight talent across a diverse set of teams, including: Web Design, Product Frontend & Backend, Mobile, Machine Learning, Data, Creative Development, Infrastructure, Site Reliability, Security, & more.
You will use your expertise of the market & your tenacity to source, evaluate, & close top technical talent. By connecting candidates to Squarespaces core values & product vision, you will be a driving force in building the premier technical team crafting the future of the web.
This position reports to our Team Lead, Technical Recruiting & can be based remotely in the United States in one of our approved states (see application question below)
- Develop & execute hiring strategy for top engineering talent.
- Provide an efficient, high-touch experience for every candidate from application to offer, acting as candidate advocate, evaluating skill level, & driving the interview & offer processes.
- Build high-trust, advisory relationships with hiring managers & interviewers alike; facilitate interviewer training courses, req opening kick-offs, & candidate debriefs.
- Develop a deep understanding of Squarespaces culture, product, strategic direction, & competitors, & use this knowledge to craft compelling messaging to potential candidates.
- Proactively source candidates through a variety of methods (i.e., digital, social media, events), building a consistent pipeline of talent for high priority & hard-to-fill positions.
- Develop a deep understanding of the strategy, objectives, processes, culture, & skill needs of the hiring teams that you support; use this knowledge to co-author effective job descriptions, craft recruitment strategies, & communicate with candidates.
- Communicate effectively with the interview team to ensure efficient preparation prior to & during the interview process.
- Recommend, negotiate, & close offers, selling Squarespaces compensation philosophy, culture, unique impact of their role, & what differentiates us from talent competitors.
- Serve as a Squarespace ambassador in all facets of your role, delivering a compelling view of our employer brand, as well as a uniquely memorable candidate experience.
- Communicate effectively with internal stakeholders (i.e., HR Business Partners & hiring teams) to ensure alignment on the specifications of each role & the requirements of each interview process.
- Work with Engineering leadership & our Recruiting Operations team to optimize & evolve our hiring processes & practices as we scale beyond 1,200 employees.
- Maintain clear & consistent records in our applicant tracking system. Utilize your attention to detail & process rigor to become a trusted partner to internal People team stakeholders to ensure reporting accuracy & a stellar new employee onboarding experience.
- 5+ years of experience with full-cycle recruiting & a track record of success within technical recruiting (either agency or internal)
- You're an excellent sourcer & can spot the not so obvious candidates
- Current with the latest engineering trends, frameworks, programming languages, & libraries
- Experience with educating & selling candidates on equity compensation vehicles, including: RSUs & stock options
- Experience hiring for roles at the mid-career & senior level, including Director, VP, & C-level roles; a mix of technical & non-technical recruiting is preferred
- Experience in hiring candidates with visa sponsorship requirements; solid understanding of visa sponsorship types & limitations. Bonus points if you've built teams in Dublin!
- Excellent communication skills, including active listening abilities & presentation skills; confidence speaking with people of varied experience levels & backgrounds.
- Strong organizational & project management skills with a keen eye for detail
- Self-motivation, resiliency & the ability to navigate ambiguity
- Tenacity, intellectual curiosity, & the drive for continuous improvement
- Positive attitude, adaptability, & the ability to navigate competing priorities
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.