The Manager, Accounting Operations works closely with the Director of Accounting to support the accounting operations functions & financial close process & to ensure the integrity of accounting information by reviewing, recording, verifying, & entering transactions.
This role will be at Appian HQ which is located in McLean, VA. Expectation is to be in the office on a hybrid schedule.
- Oversee accounts payable function to ensure the company financial obligations are met in an efficient & timely manner. Perform managerial & supervisory responsibilities of AP staff
- Develop, implement & maintain systems, procedures, & policies to ensure controls, efficiencies & adherence to company policies
- Prepare monthly & quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting & ledger maintenance
- Coordination with all departments to ensure timely & accurate expense accruals
- Manage full cycle accounts payable for US & Switzerland subsidiary
- Manage & monitor employee expenses. Manage corporate purchasing & Amex card programs
- Support month-end & year-end closing process
- Work with internal & external auditors as needed
- 4+ years accounting experience
- ERP financial system experience, NetSuite, preferred
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), preferred
- Advanced skills with MS Office Suite, preferred
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation & value. Today, we help businesses build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented & passionate people, given the power & autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile & collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, & all voices are heard. We value & encourage cross-departmental collaboration, & actively seek opportunities to better ourselves & others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, were focused on lasting positive change.