Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, & build their careers. More than 50 million professional & aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, & find job opportunities. We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, & enable the world's developers. Our products & services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, & enterprise knowledge sharing.
As the leader of the revenue operation function at Stack Overflow, you'll partner with the executive team both strategically & tactically as you oversee operations for our revenue organization. You will be responsible for maximizing revenue growth through the development, implementation, & ongoing maintenance of sales strategies, programs, systems/tools, & initiatives. The ideal candidate has worked within a rapidly growing SaaS organization & has a broad spectrum of go-to-market metrics, processes, & tools. In addition, the successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of enterprise selling processes & experience with SaaS sales metrics.
The Director of Revenue Operations will report to Stack Overflows VP of Finance.
What youll do:
- Lead & build a team while also contributing individually to the business.
- Identify, prioritize, & support the execution of strategic growth initiatives, by working cross-functionally with marketing, sales, product, data, & customer success teams.
- Coordinate the revenue forecasting/planning processes used within the revenue organization.
- Proactively monitors & strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, & process consistency across the sales organization's efforts ensuring that all sales order data is clean & accurate by collaborating with finance.
- Work closely with the FP&A team to develop/forecast key metrics & KPI dashboards. Analyze CAC, LTV, payback period & other critical business metrics across the entire funnel.
- Enable sales team with relevant compensation plans aligned with strategic goals.
- Evaluate, develop & maintain cross department infrastructure of internal tools for revenue organization.
- Develops territory assignments/optimization to maximize sales productivity including assessment of the existing business, market size & total addressable market across segments, roles, & industries.
- Supports the equitable assignment of quotas & ensures quotas are allocated optimally to all sales channels & resources by aligning existing & prospective accounts by geography, account type, & market segment, coordinating with all internal stakeholders.
What youll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree. MBA highly preferred.
- Deep understanding of the SaaS & Adtech business models in a highly entrepreneurial environment required.
- 10+ years experience, including 3+ in people management, & proven success leading strategic projects in a finance, business operations, revenue or strategy role.
- Ability to keep business leaders aligned around business metrics, gain consensus for new processes or tools, make recommendations & influence at the executive level.
- Proven track record of improving achieving company KPIs & revenue objectives.
- Ability to analyze large data sets & provide insights & recommendations to executive leadership
- Ability to collect & maintain accurate data at a high quality & integrity level.
- Experience with using & implementing tools & technologies to support the companys revenue operations highly preferred (such as SFDC + SFDC ecosystem, Zuora, Looker, Xactly).
- Excellent written & verbal communication & presentation skills.
- Teamwork oriented & highly collaborative.
What youll get in return:
- Competitive base salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Flexible hours
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Great office w/ espresso bar, games, & free daily lunches
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Overflow does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company & better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can & we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.