ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm is hiring a full-time Digital Producer to ensure our newsletters & web experiences go off without a hitch. Youll be in charge of 1) making sure our newsletters, like the Daily Skimm, reaches its millions of readers each day, 2) programming our premium web experiences, & 3) overseeing theSkimms product support. This role is perfect for someone eager to expand into news / media production, while interfacing with the multiple departments of a growing media company. This role will report to the Director of Product.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Gathering content & assets from various stakeholders (Sales, Marketing, Editorial, etc.) to build, update, & maintain newsletter, web & app experiences.
- Entering content into our CMS & performing quality checks across web / newsletters / mobile app & coordinating cross-functionally to execute & gain sign off.
- Be the main point of contact for providing content production assistance - from time to time, after hours.
- Oversee product support, including triaging escalated queries & updating internal documentation.
WHAT WOULD SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- Excellent organizational skills & extreme attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of how emails are created & sent by companies, & opened by users
- The ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Thrives under tight timelines
- Experience with Content Management Systems (CMS), e.g. Contentful
- Experience with Customer Support tools, e.g. Zendesk
- Able to communicate effectively across all disciplines (Editorial, Marketing, Sales, Design, Engineering, etc.).
- Basic HTML/CSS knowledge is a plus & a nice to have
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits & 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Complimentary access to theSkimms growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than 12 million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed & empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, & more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives & we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.