Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products & content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking a PD Associate, Luggage to join our Product Development team.
Want to help us transform the travel experience? The ideal candidate will have had experience in updating WIP trackers, following up on costing, planning & facilitating category meetings amongst other administrative tasks in order to keep the PD team organized & moving forward. You will report to the Sr PD Manager, Luggage based in our New York City office.
As a company that values diversity, equity, & inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this opportunity. Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, anti-racism training, & bias prevention initiatives, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What youll do:
- Maintain product development trackers for luggage & accessories categories, product changes, supplier sourcing & cost tracking.
- Ensure timeliness of sample shipments, Evaluation Reports & costing from manufacturers.
- Process information from manufacturers & suppliers to bring thought out recommendations for product improvements or changes to PD team.
- Track packages & samples (incoming & outgoing) for the various projects the team is working on. Coordinate daily inflow & outflow of product shipments & unboxing of packages.
- Prepare for internal & cross functional product category meetings & circulate notes to team members.
- Scheduling, monitoring, & prioritizing of the day-to-day incoming communication & requests for time
- Manage confidential records & notes for the Product Development team
- Manage the document flow between prod development / legal & our suppliers for NDAs & CoC.
- Facilitate day-to-day communications with vendors & manufacturing partners / key role in building strong & trusted relationships with overseas partners
Who you are:
- Have 1+ years of full-time experience as a product coordinator, or in a similar role providing administrative support to a product team
- Demonstrates ability to juggle & prioritize multiple tasks & projects simultaneously & successfully
- Possesses strong project management skills: one who thinks ahead & anticipates needsyoure never satisfied with the status quo, always thinking how can we do this better?
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Operates as a partner / in it together & naturally builds relationships with internal teams & external manufacturing partners
- Comfortable working independently, but also knows when to ask for help
- Adhere to confidentiality & sensitive information protocols
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced & energetic environment
- A passionate ambassador of the brand
- You love to travel (but thats a given)
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment
- Passionate about transforming travel (but thats a given!)
- You can show proof of COVID-19 vaccination & adherence to HQ COVID office policies using Bindle, a secure platform that verifies vaccination status without sharing private health information, within 30 days of hire