Paxos is on a mission to digitize the worlds monetary assets. By introducing technological innovation & automation to established business functions, Paxos is increasing the speed of transactions & freeing up valuable time for the employees who manage these processes, with the end result of mitigating risk & saving customers money.
Our Compliance Team sits at the core of much of our daily operations, ensuring that trades & settlements on each of our platforms are legitimate, trustworthy, & reliable. Said another way, this is the team that is responsible for ensuring our products are not used by criminals & terrorists. We are planning for a period of rapid growth across our business & are looking to add a Senior Director, Compliance to our New York City office.
Reporting to our Chief Compliance Officer, the Senior Director, Compliance will oversee the day-to-day management of the function. This person will manage the team, help recruit new team members, & will add valuable strategic insight to our existing compliance processes. This is a Player/Coach position, & you will spend some of your time working directly with the team to identify bad behavior & high risk activity across all Paxos products.
What Youll Do
- Lead the compliance team, providing daily guidance & support, & longer term career development to direct reports
- Work cross-functionally with Operations, Product, Engineering, Legal & other stakeholders to assess & address risks associated with existing products & potential new products
- Interface with regulators in the examination process, the product approval process, & on an ongoing basis
- Direct investigations & research on potentially suspicious clients using various internal & external systems & databases
- Lead the review/investigation process & preparation of case files with the required supporting documentation
- Advise senior management on next steps & provide recommendations on the next course of action (relationship retention, termination, Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR))
- Manage risks by analyzing the root cause of issues & impacts to business
- Ensure that appropriate regulatory policies, procedures & controls are established, maintained & well-documented
- Develop & deliver training & communications on compliance policies & procedures to ensure proper understanding across the organization of regulatory related risks & responsibilities
- Own all ongoing compliance review processes, updating policies & procedures as needed, & to reflect industry best practices
- Assist with educating staff on compliance-related matters
- Manage vendor due diligence
What You Have
- A minimum of 10 years experience as a compliance professional
- 2-3 years of people management experience: youve grown & developed world-class teams
- Experience managing compliance programs at a rapidly growing, & international, company
- Experience designing & implementing transaction monitoring controls, including scenario optimization & testing
- Experience designing & implementing sanctions & screening controls
- Experience managing regulatory audits
- Comfort with ambiguity - capable of solving complex problems in a fast-paced environment
- CAMS, CFE, or equivalent certification is preferred
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical & mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.