WHO WE ARE:
The tech team builds the systems & apps that communicate with our customers, warehouses, customer service, payment providers, & more. In short, we create & manage the systems that keep the business running and, more importantly, make dogs happy. We work collaboratively (no such thing as a dumb question) & scientifically (test & measure whenever we can), while taking the work--but not ourselves--too seriously. We generally work on squads of engineers, product designers, data analysts, QA & product management. We also work closely with stakeholders throughout the company to get things done. We see technology as a means to an end; we love solving problems & making the most of our time!
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR:
As a QA Engineer at Bark, youll be working closely with our product managers, software engineers, & designers throughout all stages of the software development life cycle. You should be able to use a variety of technical skills & tools to fully test a feature. You should have high standards for quality but know when not to be pedantic about it.
- Work with your product squad throughout all stages of the software lifecycle. Raise questions & concerns in the early planning stages of a project & actively participate in team meetings & tech kickoffs as a representative of QA
- Build out test plans for new features collaboratively with Product Managers & Engineers.
- Be the owner of quality on your squad, make sure processes are being followed correctly & raise tech or environment issues that inhibit testing.
- Help write & maintain automated tests.
- 2+ years QA Engineering experience, including testing on backend & frontend
- A desire to kick the tires of new things & figure out how to break them
- High-level systems thinking that helps you see how changing thing A might affect seemingly unrelated thing B
- Able to write detailed test plans
- Comfort with command line
- Experience working with Github
- Experience with Rails & RSpec
- Experience writing automated tests
This position is a full-time, salaried position. BARK currently has offices in NYC & Columbus, Ohio, but for the right candidates working remotely is also an option. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.