Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Senior Provider Contracting Counsel to join our Legal team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
You will be a key member of the Legal team responsible for leading negotiation with national provider partners, advising on provider relationship & contracting strategy, & providing thought leadership to further scale our contracting efforts. This position works closely with Oscars Market P&L Teams, as well as Oscars leadership team
You will report into the Associate General Counsel.
- Draft, revise, review, & negotiate agreements with provider organizations & networks
- Serve as subject matter expert on legal issues related to provider contracts
- Provide strategic advice to Oscar leadership on provider contract matters, including value-based payment arrangements & reimbursement matters
- Develop contract templates in accordance with applicable law & regulation
- Assist with matters before state & federal regulatory bodies, including network filings & contract template review
- Provide guidance to the litigation team as necessary
- Complete contract due diligence review related to potential corporate transactions
- Provide subject matter expertise to further the development, implementation & continuous improvement of company & legal team processes & procedures regarding provider contracting matters
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school
- Law license in good standing & the ability to register as In-House Counsel in NY State
- 7+ years of relevant experience at a top tier law firm and/or in-house;
- Experience in payor-side provider contracting
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, both oral & written, with a proven ability to build strong interpersonal relationships & work cross-functionally
- Proven ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects with dynamic & aggressive timelines
- Experience with startups
- A drive for continuous learning & improvement
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.