ClassDojos ultimate goal is to create an education system that gives every child on Earth an education they love. We are doing this by bringing together communities of teachers, children & families, & then helping them get learning experiences their children love. Last school year, we served over 40 million children around the worldwith a team of just 45.
As our monetization lead, youll create & monetize products reaching tens of millions of teachers, children & families, building a global consumer education business. Youll grow ClassDojo to our next major milestone: reach 100 million+ active families, & tens of millions in revenue, while deepening our brand love.
Youll do this by rolling up your sleeves to grow & promote our subscription products, & by exploring other revenue-generating opportunities. Youll work with a team of engineers, product managers, product designers & other cross-functional partners, working together in San Francisco.
How youll make an impact:
- Maximize the monetization of our existing products & develop new experiences that support monetization, while also deepening huge brand love
- Partner with the founders & PMs to identify new high-ROI opportunities, & develop new revenue streams/business lines in those opportunities identified
- Create shared understanding of how to monetize ClassDojo
- Measures: clear growth/revenue model: acquisition, conversion, price, retention; clear financial operating model for next stage of company, with key levers & impact known; a monetization strategy; & library of monetization insights based on experiment history
- Mentor your leaders & peers on best-in-class product monetization
- Contribute to our culture of high-freedom, customer-obsessed, consumer science-based cross-functional product development teams
- Experience growing, optimizing, & monetizing consumer products
- Experience working cross-functionally across business, marketing, partnerships, & product
- Experience making stuff happen in scrappy ways in small, fast-paced companies
- Proven execution ability at all levels, moving between strategy to the tactics that deliver impact
- Strong understanding of revenue & growth models, strategies & tactics
- Strong quantitative skills & comfort with data & statistics, creating/refining hypotheses by exploring user data
- Structured problem-solving ability
- Good judgment & strong thought partner for head of product & CEO on business & product strategies
- Moves faster than is comfortable - an instigator.
- Experience with subscription businesses, or mobile app monetization
- Experience delivering growth-focused KPIs through non-ad acquisition strategies (communities, invitation & referral programs, etc)
- Experience growing consumer products internationally
- Experience at a high quality culture tech company
ClassDojo's mission is to bring communities together, & help them create an education experience their children love. Founded in 2011 (ImagineK12 / Y Combinator) & based in San Francisco, California, ClassDojo started as a communication app: a simple way for teachers, families, & children to share the magic of the school day through photos, videos, & messages. It creates a close-knit classroom community, & exciting, inspiring & creative classrooms & homes for kids. Were one of the fastest growing education companies of all time, used & loved by tens of millions of teachers, families & children in 90% of K-8 schools in the US, & 180 other countries.
You can read more about our vision to change education from the ground up here: https://medium.com/@samchaudhary/https-medium-com-samchaudhary-how-to-change-education-from-the-ground-up-f82b8f3e4b95.
We believe focused, talented, non-hierarchical teams can achieve a surprising amount: https://blog.ycombinator.com/its-surprising-how-much-small-teams-can-get-done-sam-chaudhary-of-classdojo/. Our team is made up of engineers, designers, & educators from around the world, with deep backgrounds in education, as well as from leading consumer internet organizations like Instagram, Netflix, Dropbox, Uber, Y Combinator & more. Were building a company that will transform education, & one that is the kind of place weve all always wanted to work. We believe youll do the best work of your life here.
ClassDojos vision is to give every child on Earth an education they love. We strongly feel the best way to do this is to build a team with diverse backgrounds that reflect the children we serve. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records. We are happy to accommodate any disabilities or special needs. We hire locally in San Francisco, & we also hire distributed teammates around the world.
If you're excited about having an impact in education at massive scale, we'd love to hear from you.