Integrity: Doing the right things for the right reasons
Agility: Adapting & thriving in a dynamic environment
Teamwork: Combining our strengths to do amazing things
Passion: Channeling enthusiasm to drive excellence
Creativity: Unleashing curiosity to defy the norm
About the role:
We are looking for a highly analytical andtech-savvy Solutions/Sales Engineer to join the Presales team. Solutions Engineers are the technical lead for the sales process. You will work closely with prospects from initial demo through final close, leading the analytic & technical evaluation of 1010data.
The Solutions Engineer is ultimately the go-to person for prospects & customers for all things 1010data & is instrumental in our efforts to transition prospects into successful customers. They possess the empathy & experience necessary to understand prospects business needs & translate their requirements into a technical solution.
A typical week would be prepping for a demo Monday, flying to do an in-person executive presentation Tuesday, building a pilot plan Wednesday, & loading the data to build an analytic prototype by the end of the week.
Through it all, youll be in the drivers seat in showing companies how they can use analytics to create real business value. If you love high-intensity work that mattersand want to own the entire process without internal bureaucracy, this is the place for you.
This role is based out of our New York City office, but can be remote if you live in the tristate area. If working remotely, this role will require ~4 weeks of initial training in our NYC office. Given significant collaboration with prospects, travel is 50%
This is a key role that will play a vital & a highly visible part in attracting multiple Fortune 500 clients. If you are excited to introduce new & disruptive business ideas to potential customers & demonstrate the value of embracing these game-changing ideas across their organizations, we would like to speak with you.
What you will take on:
- Responsible for all technical requirements in the Sales process from day one, working closely with the solutions team to ensure prospects become successful customers of 1010data
- Collaborate with prospects to understand their business needs & translate their requirements into a solution which meets those objectives
- Build demo & presentation of 1010data in a clear & concise manner to help prospects understand the value proposition versus market alternatives
- Run compelling prospect pilots; involves learning about the prospects business & building a focused solution (e.g. applications, reports, and/or simple queries) for the prospect during the pilot that showcases & quantifies business value
- Support the sales & marketing teams by contributing to presales materials & proposals
What you already have:
Education & Experience
- STEM degree or similar analytical program
- 5-8 years of client facing experience demonstrating, supporting, & building analytic solutions
- Proven experience presenting analytical solutions to a group, including executive management
- Ability to dig into business requirements & work closely with prospects & customers
- Knowledge of database structure, design, query languages (e.g. SQL) would be ideal
- Self-starter, quick study & a competitive spirit with a tenacious desire to win
- Enjoys being on-stage in high-pressure situations
- Excellent in-person, phone, & written (i.e. email) communication skills
- Highly motivated to meet & exceed customer expectations
1010data makes big data discovery easy; we power sub-second responses to run analyses on trillions of rows of data. 1010data is defining the way the world interacts with data.
An essential tool to more than 850 of the worlds top companies including The New York Stock Exchange, Dollar General, P&G, Sams Club, Nespresso, Barnes & Noble, & RiteAid; the 1010data platform is a highly differentiated product that is becoming the industry standard for big data discovery & data sharing.
With petabytes of data in our private & public clouds, 1010data is designed to scale to the largest volumes of granular data, the most disparate & varied data sets, & the most complex advanced analytics. All while delivering lightning-quick system performance.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.