Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial & real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence & delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies & academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk & optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers & partners worldwide & empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win & are fully committed to selecting leaders & employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif & Glen de Vries, & have global operations in US, Europe & Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Internal Communications Director will lead a program which ensures employees across Medidata are kept informed & excited with our strategy, initiatives & company news. Communications will take place over several channels, such as our internal portal, emails, blogs, regular newsletters & conferences. This individual will work closely with senior executives, HR & corporate communications teams.
- Proactively lead & execute internal communications projects & campaigns that align with, articulate & support the company's key messages, business priorities & growth initiatives, as well as influence a positive culture & engaged workforce.
- Lead internal content strategy, editorial plans, storytelling & information for internal channels in conjunction with senior executives.
- Creatively conceive & lead communication programs & content strategy across multiple channels: intranet/online, multimedia, video, print, newsletter, conferences, kick-off meetings & thematic events.
- Understand employee perceptions & advocate for plans to improve teamwork, collaboration & team spirit.
- Constantly strive to improve the internal communications practice by identifying more efficient & effective ways by challenging processes & recommending new approaches.
- Develop messaging for topics including policy, culture, initiatives & other areas of strategic corporate significance as directed by executive leaders.
- Work directly with executives & business leaders to identify needs, objectives & strategies to create effective & meaningful communications, including scripts, speeches, & presentations.
- Handle the internal communication response to crisis situations which affect organizational perception & reputation.
- Ensure organizational initiatives & projects are successfully communicated to employees & stakeholders.
- Create an open forum for employees to ask questions & share content or thoughts. Respond to feedback from staff & adjust communications content accordingly.
- Write speeches, messages or presentations for senior executives to their organizations or the entire company.
- Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums & for different departments of the organization with external communication messages.
- Ability to lead communications strategy while paying close attention to details & managing complex campaigns.
- Great relationship-building skills & the ability to work within a team environment across different time zones.
- Exceptional interviewing, copy-writing & editing skills.
- Excellent presentation skills – personal delivery & ability to lead & coach people & teams.
- Effective listening, problem-solving & counseling skills; ability to build alignment to shared vision.
- Proven change management communication skills.
- Solid project, time & budget management skills essential.
- Flexible & adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work autonomously & act independently.
- Digital expert familiar with information technology, especially digital & video means of communication, is essential.
Your Education & Experience:
- Requires a minimum of 10 years of experience in a communications team, especially internal communication, for a large organization, is most sought after.
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in journalism, communications, public relations or marketing. A Master’s degree is a plus.
- Experience in writing for a variety of different audiences is also desired. General journalistic or marketing experience is beneficial.
- Prior management of complex projects & advising senior managers is also required
- Understanding the life sciences industry is a plus
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug & medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs & medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology & Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications & intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality & efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state & local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.