SurveyMonkey is growing fast - real fast & were just getting started. Were on a mission to power the curious: Our platform empowers 17 million active users & 300,000+ organizations to measure & understand feedback from virtually anyone, including their customers & markets. Over the past three years we have expanded our platform to address three massive markets; we have scaled an enterprise business from zero to nearly $100M in revenue at hypergrowth rates; & we have become a public company. What will the next three years look like? Join us & help build it.
About the Strategic Finance Team
We are a dynamic team of former investment bankers, consultants, & technology finance professionals that enjoy solving the challenges that come with rapid scaling. Our goal is to grow SurveyMonkey as fast, & as profitably, as possible. Our role is to drive & inform some of SurveyMonkeys most important business & financial decisions.
We are searching for a seasoned executive to lead our Corporate financial planning & analysis activities. The Corporate Strategic Finance team is the core of the broader Strategic Finance organization; its chartered with providing business insights & visibility to our executive leadership team, board of directors, & investors.
This role offers a steep learning curve, the opportunity to scale a function, close partnership with our executive leadership team, & a platform to make a lasting impact SurveyMonkeys business. Your scope & accountability traverse the full spectrum of SurveyMonkeys financial outcomes & plans. Youll be contributing to SurveyMonkeys growth & profitability by tackling some of our most difficult business problems, with a direct connection between your teams activities & the companys success.
- Own end-to-end company-level financial planning, building a world-class function that produces rich insights, plans, & forecasts with a high degree of clarity & accuracy.
- Partner with our VP Finance, CFO, & executive leadership team to assess & analyze critical business decisions.
- Design & drive the companys annual & quarterly outlook financial planning processes.
- Architect & elevate the companys long-run financial plan to become a key input into current & multi-year strategy decisions.
- Closely partner with our VP Investor Relations to craft a clear multi-year investment thesis, provide transparent external metrics, establish guidance, & respond to questions from external parties.
- Deliver clear management reporting/insights on business performance & to our executive leadership team & board of directors.
- Regularly benchmark SurveyMonkeys business & financial performance with other SaaS companies through conversations with peers.
- Lead & develop a highly engaged, effective team capable of redefining how planning & analysis has traditionally been accomplished.
- Own & optimize the Strategic Finance organizations operating norms for $1B+ revenue scale with a focus on clear processes & automation using best-in-class solutions like Anaplan, Tableau, etc.
- You have 10+ years of directly applicable experience with time spent in Finance & Operations within a top technology company.
- You have experience working in a recurring revenue software business.
- You hold a BA/BS degree. An MBA is strongly preferred, but not required.
- Youre a high-energy leader with an infectious passion for developing others you practice confidence without attitude or ego. You have 3+ years of demonstrated success as a people manager.
- Youve built & led mission-driven teams in the past & have a track record of creating a shared vision, curating an engaging culture, & delivering on priorities.
- You have exceptional business instincts you understand SurveyMonkeys business model, strategy, markets, products, customers, & challenges - you use that knowledge to help inform significant company decisions.
- Execution is your thing & you have prior success creating & driving scalable operating models across cross-functional teams.
- You have a reputation for navigating large networks of people & systems to find the information you need; you tell the compelling story behind the data through relevant insights & actionable conclusions.
- You are a poised communicator & are accustomed to actively sharing your point of view; developing relationships comes naturally.
- Prioritizing multiple work streams & intense demands on your time is second nature.
We offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays, & equity compensation. SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.