Glossier is a digital-first beauty company on a mission to inspire everyone to find joy & confidence in their personal beauty style. We create physical, digital, & offline experiences inspired by our community that foster connection, inspire a sense of belonging, & invite people to participate in Glossier. We are inclusive, customer-devoted, curious, courageous, discerning, & results-driven.
The Creative team is looking for a Senior Design Lead to build innovative brand experiences, & support the ongoing evolution of the Glossier brand. The ideal candidate is a highly creative, proactive, & details-obsessed designer with solid design, typography & branding skills; someone that is eager to take on challenges, introduce fresh ideas, implement new approaches, grow, test & learn.
They will work independently, & also manage & inspire others to deliver across multiple touch points including branding, campaigns, print collateral and "world-building for specialized branding projects. They are responsible for maintaining a comprehensive understanding of company strategy, customer needs, & have a curiosity about culture in order to keep the brand moving forward. They will take full responsibility for their projects & partner with teams across Creative, Marketing, Digital & Retail.
Our in-house Creative team is responsible for a wide range of work. We take inclusive, discerning, & above all personalized approach to Glossiers brand voice, art direction, print & packaging design, to retail & experiential concepts, & production of all those deliverables.
The Senior Design Lead will report into the Deputy Creative Director, Design.
Six Month Expectations
- Take the lead on given projects ranging from print collateral to unboxing & out-of-home campaigns.
- Develop "worlds" & identities for physical brand touch points, generating original concepts with a fresh visual approach to design & materials
- Collaborate with Brand Marketing, Art Direction, & Production to concept, layout & execute out of home & brand awareness campaigns
- Ensure that Glossier's established look-and-feel & voice is successfully implemented across all print collateral by overseeing design & development
- Demonstrate nuanced understanding of the Glossier brand
- Develop concepts that meet the business objectives & advance our brand strategy
Twelve+ Month Expectations
- Constantly maintains & enforces brand guidelines (typography, materials, color palettes)
- Partner with Tech leads to ensure brand is consistent across full customer journey
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to oversee brand look & feel throughout all channels (i.e., Always On videos, Social, etc)
- Work closely within the Creative team: partnering with art directors, copywriters, producers, & managing designers across multiple focuses, providing direction & inspiration
- 5+ years professional design experience, with print & brand development background, preferably in beauty, fashion or a similar innovative, high-energy field
- Strategic & thoughtful in their approach to design & branding
- Strong project management & organization skills
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, & promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. It has been & will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, & termination.