IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
Peloton Hardware Engineering team is looking for Electrical Engineers with expertise in the design & productization of systems for consumer products. In this position you will be part of the team that will work on developing solutions which involve Hardware use cases for all Peloton products.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
The successful candidate has a strong electronics design & development background who will provide technical leadership as well as individual technical contribution as part of a team that supports the design, development, test, & integration of complex, embedded hardware/software systems. The candidate should be passionate about technology & always have the customers best interest in mind.
NECESSARY SKILLS / EXPERIENCE / ATTRIBUTES:
- Have previously shipped high volume Consumer products
- Deep understanding of electrical engineering principles in both analog & digital domains with the ability to leverage this understanding to quickly isolate circuit faults
- Familiarity with high speed test equipment; oscilloscopes, data acquisition units, DMMs, logic & spectrum analyzers - solid test & troubleshooting skills
- Ability to guide & oversee layout designers, & provide clear layout constraints (PC board stack-up, component placement, high speed routing, etc.)
- Key contributor to high-level architecture & design of electronic systems focused on the fitness market
- High-speed mixed signal circuit design; schematic entry, supervision of PCB layout & assembly, board debug & system integration
- Impact all phases of the product development cycle which includes requirement/definition, design & development, verification (such as unit tests) & traceability matrix, & design transfer
- Develop or identify tools & methods that allow reutilization of designs
- Provide technical oversight & review support to development teams during product design & development
- Good understanding of single/dual quadrant motor controllers & control systems
- Good understanding of power supplies & PFC
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Experience with ARM based CPU architectures & high speed interfaces such as USB, HDMI, MIPI, along with I2C, SPI, UART, etc.
- Experience performing trade studies / tradeoff analyses
- Demonstrated technical leadership & facilitation skills
- Strong problem-solving, communication & interpersonal skills
- PCB layout tools (Cadence OrCAD Capture & Allegro)
- Experience with signal integrity analysis & simulation
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering / Computer Engineering discipline along with 3+ years of directly related experience and/or equivalent combination
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.