We are seeking a Principal Technical Consultant to join our Customer Success Public Sector team. Our team is a mission-focused organization with a long & successful history of supporting customers across federal civilian agencies & the department of defense. In this role, you will be engaging with our customers post-sales to develop software solutions on the Appian platform. These applications help organizations drive digital transformation & equips the government with solutions that enable them to achieve their agencies objectives. Your primary responsibility will be to implement innovative technical solutions on the Appian platform & advise our government customers on how to best architect & deliver Appian technology solutions.
What youll do:
- Immediately impact clients by partnering throughout the entire life-cycle of projects to define, design, & implement business process-based solutions.
- Drive adoption by empowering clients to become self-sufficient with building process applications on their own.
- Design, implement & provide demonstrations of solutions with Appian software.
- Design, build & launch new data models in production.
- Establish & implement metrics to optimize team delivery & measure business agility in terms of predictability, reliability, & adaptability.
- Independently communicate with both client technical teams & business owners as needed during the design & implementation.
Youll be successful in this role if you are:
- Skilled at working with clients to define business processes & gather functional system requirements
- Not an order taker; asks why questions & solve the right problems
- Passionate about technology & enjoys continuously learning
- Successful on cross-functional teams; has built products using agile methodologies
- An excellent communicator & is comfortable presenting to both technical & non-technical audiences
Preferred skills & experience:
- Active Top Secret Clearance
- B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field/degree
- 10+ years of experience with hands-on software development or technical consulting
- US Citizen & willingness to complete DoD or Federal Civilian government background investigations.
- Knowledge of software testing practice; Test-driven development, setup & execution of automated test suites within a continuous integration framework
- Knowledge of data model design, working with relational databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, AWS Aurora, & MySQL, JDBC Connections & PL/SQL
- Web servers & application servers such as IIS, Apache HTTP Server, Tomcat, & JBoss
- Developing integrations using APIs such as REST & SOAP, web services
- Agile software development practices, pair programming, stand-ups, planning sessions, & sprints
- Amazon Web Services (AWS); Artificial Intelligence (AI), Analytics, Machine Learning, Google Cloud, Application Integration, Database, Developer Tools, Management & Governance, & Elastic Containers
- Willingness to travel; 10% or less annually to support customer engagement
Appian provides a leading low-code software development platform that enables organizations to rapidly develop powerful & unique applications. The applications created on Appians platform help companies drive digital transformation & competitive differentiation. Many of the worlds largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk management & compliance. We have built Appian by grounding ourselves in value & in respect, which requires allowing employees to define themselves & their potential. As a result, we are proud to have earned the #1 position on The Washington Posts Top Workplaces 2018 list in the Large Employer category.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.