Intent isnt your usual company. Our work is powered by the premise that every person at Intent is unique, possessing a distinct set of skills, personality, & passions. We embrace our collective talents to tackle technical challenges, refine our successfully disruptive business ideas, & co-create one of the most human & inspiring work cultures out there. We are a team of collaborators, valuing & rewarding shared success over individual heroics.
As a Senior Data Engineer at Intent youll code & innovate on products that are changing the e-commerce industry. Our engineering teams help the worlds leading travel companies to serve tens of millions of ads every day around the world. These ads provide an exceptional user experience to help shoppers find & compare prices, while simultaneously increasing brand profitability.
In our engineering work we balance cutting-edge technologies with industry-proven practices. Our polyglot approach means you will see a variety of languages, libraries, & databases. Our agile way of working is founded on many years of experience; you will be working with accomplished innovators in the software community.
What You Will Do:
We believe that engineers are most effective when they are involved with the whole lifecycle of software development: conceiving new features designing & coding the change, testing, deploying, & support. This role is with the Data Platform team, where you'll build out systems that handle the ingestion, processing, aggregation, storage, & reporting of billions of events each day.
Intent is looking for a bright & ambitious Senior Data Engineer to bring their fresh perspective to our team of thoroughly awesome humans & dogs.
- Youre motivated to work on a very collaborative team.
- You have experience with at least one common functional programming language (Scala / Clojure / etc).
- You have experience with at least one common object-oriented language (Java, Ruby, Python, etc).
- You have experience with distributed data pipeline / processing tools (Kinesis / Lambda / Kafka / Spark / etc)
- You have experience with data warehouses & SQL (Redshift / Vertica / Snowflake / etc)
- You are familiar with Test Driven Development & treat your test code with same respect as production code.
- You are familiar with infrastructure automation tools (Terraform / CloudFormat / etc).
- You prefer to work on all aspects of delivering working software, including analysis, design, automated testing, CI/CD, operations & support.
- You have 4+ years of relevant experience
Intent is the data science company for the worlds leading online commerce & travel brands. Our Predictive Intelligence Platform uses patented technology to predict user behavior in real-time & identify the future value of every user. Over 450 innovative brands from more than 40 countries trust Intents real-time predictions to deliver personalized user experiences that maximize utility & ROI.
Our team is over 100 people & our offices span globally. Were headquartered in NYC with locations in London, Kuala Lumpur, & Sao Paulo.
Every day, were inspired by two pursuits. First, were building novel products that are upending e-commerce. Second, were building the company weve always wanted to work for one thats open, human & collaborative, where very smart people come together to share ideas & get things done. Were included on Built in NYC's Best Places to Work list & have been on Crains 100 Best Places to Work in NYC list for seven years running.
Love Your Job!
Our employees enjoy coming to work, & we let them know they're valued.
Our vibrant team accomplishes a lot every day, but we insist upon work/life balance so things never become stale. We dont take ourselves too seriously, but we take our work very seriously.
We believe that in order for our employees to perform their best, they need access to strategic decisions, & so our flat structure & open communication invite innovation from all levels ideas flow freely.
We offer competitive compensation, stock options, & great perks & benefits, including:
- Unlimited vacation
- A generous parental leave policy
- A beautiful, dog-friendly office in SoHo with drinks & snacks
- An open environment with lots of natural light & roof deck access
- Annual $2,000 learning budget & Citi Bike membership
- Access to Fond, our employee perks program featuring deals & discounts on hundreds of products & services
- Access to Sherpaa, a telehealth service with 24/7 support
- In-office yoga classes
- Company-wide social events, & more!
So what are you waiting for? Apply with your resume in just a few clicks!