Who We Are:
At Convene, we're building a company that embraces visible & invisible diversity, encourages healthy integration of personal goals & professional development, & fosters community. Our team's evolution, values & culture have been at the forefront of what we do since our founding. With the meetings & office market growing rapidly & showing no signs of stopping, we are constantly evolving & growing our offerings from hosting meetings & events to providing a full suite of offerings for flexible co-working spaces.
Were seeking a Director of Production to join our Corporate Operations team in New York, NY. The Director of Production role will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Build a transformative & cross-functional strategy that elevates the Production Team to create a new level of customer experience.
- Track industry trends & weave that knowledge into the evolving strategy.
- Develop, & continuously update, Production Playbooks that drive high-quality & consistent client interactions & intuitive, behind-the-scenes processes
- Construct & manage quantifiably high ROI projects & programs that ensure company scorecard goals are met.
- Partner with the Learning & Development to build out results driven skills, knowledge, & behavioral based training for the production function.
- Build out an equitable incentive program to drive scorecard results & reward team members.
- Work cross-functionally with the Partnership, Community, & Sales teams to design brand-new revenue driving programs & experiences.
- Craft an onboarding program for new hires
- Train teams that create guidelines, infrastructure, & systems to drive results at the property level.
- Serve as a counterpart to the Directors of A/V, Hospitality, Culinary, & Service.
- Serve as an ancillary member of the Openings Team; train (or activate a team) to train Production new hires in new & existing markets
- Lead change management for the upcoming Salesforce/CRM transition & collaborate with technology & product teams on roll-out plan.
- Demonstrated deep knowledge of large-scale, live event and/or entertainment production, including: event flow, technology, F&B service, hospitality, spacial reasoning
- A track record of success developing & scaling part of a rapidly-scaling event, venture or organization that is well regarded.
- Proven success collaborating with internal stakeholders on operational growth in the premium event, production, hospitality service categories.
- Demonstrated oversight for multi-unit operations, or multi-faceted events including experience opening new units.
- Well-rounded business acumen, can easily read a P&L & understands what drives profitability.
- Effective leadership & people management skills focused on creating relationships with staff, peers & bosses, including the ability to recruit & motivate employees.
- Ability to travel
- You are passionate about fostering individuals personal growth & building a high-functioning & psychologically safe team.
- You are visionary, see beyond the tactical, & use strategic thinking to position your team as a driving force within the organization.
- You are passionate about building relationships, internally & externally, & creating unforgettable experiences for every client.
- You are collaboration-obsessed & thrive off building cross-functional relationships to accelerate organizational growth
- You are in love with change & enjoy being in a high-growth environment that is rapidly scaling.
- You know this space & can see around corners. Your understanding of the industry transcends what exists today.
- You have a track record of delivering creative & innovative solutions that keep brand & quality standards consistent & fresh.
- You are dedicated to finding & scaling efficiencies & you get personal satisfaction when cracking a tough problem.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity & can carve out a path to solution using informal influence, & your art & intuition.
- You're an entrepreneur & think of the word NO as next option. You see opportunity everywhere, welcome mistakes as compost for your leadership journey & greet adversity as something to further develop your resilience.
- You're an analytical thinker; someone who thrives in the use of data to drive decisions AND you know data is not the end all & be all.
- You will be honest & trustworthy; a respected member of the organization who leads by example, & who people enjoy working with.