Triage Engineer *4 x10 hour night shifts (including 1 weekend night)*
Who are we?
fuboTV is the fastest growing video streaming startup (backed by some of the world's largest media companies) that is reinventing live television for the entire household in the cord cutting era
Originally founded as a soccer streaming service, fuboTV is the leading sports-first cable replacement in the U.S, growing to nearly 250,000 paying subscribers.
fuboTV broadcasts most NFL, MLB, NBA & NHL games, all major soccer leagues, & a wide range of college & other sports. fuboTV also broadcasts a wide variety of news, movies, & entertainment programming including the FOX, NBC, CBS, & Turner broadcast catalogs, plus Showtime, AMCand much more! fuboTV can be accessed on multiple platforms, including web, Android, iOS, tvOS, Fire TV, Android TV, Roku & Chromecast.
About the Role:
As a Triage Engineer, you are the first line of technical expertise for fuboTVs Customer Care & Operations teams. You will provide direct operational support & resolution for incidents & problems encountered by our customers, operations teams & business partners. By quickly identifying, troubleshooting & fixing product issues, you will enable the Customer Care Team to help our customers quickly & effectively. When managing large-scale incidents & issues, you will promptly determine the severity & best course of action, potentially escalating to our on-call operations & product engineers, or business partners as appropriate.
In this role, you will also operate as a fuboTV Product Expert & partner with the Product Engineering Teams to analyze the impact of technical issues that our customers experience & advocate for their resolution. You will propose (and in some cases implement) solutions in a team setting, backed by compelling analysis). Your responsibility to the organization includes consolidating, curating, & distributing critical product information to those whose work relies on it. Through your analysis, you will provide insights into common themes & potential areas for product improvement to influence both our near- & long-term product priorities.
You are professional, impeccably organized & able to manage your time between quick tasks, large projects, & incident response events. Failure is not a fear but a learning opportunity for you. Keen to see every problem, question, or project through to resolution, you thrive on ensuring that fuboTV's engineering, operations & product teams have all the help they need at their fingertips. You'll craft, implement, & scale processes to reduce friction & enable all team members to spend their time on what they do best. Your innovative approach & problem solving mindset will help to optimize our ability to improve the overall reliability of the fuboTV platform for our customers, employees, & partners.
After an in-office training period, you will perform your duties alongside other Triage team members from 3:00PM to 1:00AM Eastern Time for 4 days per week, either Sunday through Wednesday or Wednesday through Saturday, depending on team scheduling. There is some flexibility in starting & ending time, as long as we can balance 24/7 coverage across the team. After training, you may work from home or our office in New York City if local to you. This role will require occasional trips to our offices in New York for additional training & on-site meetings. Occasionally you will be expected to take part in an on call rotation as needed to maintain 24/7 coverage.
- Provide first line support to fuboTV customers, operations teams, & business partners with a mission to improve the reliability of the fuboTV platform.
- Triage product questions, team actions, bugs & other issues to teams across fuboTV.
- Write technical & educational resources for users & fuboTV teams. Consolidate notes from answering questions into reusable content.
- Collaborate with fuboTV Product Engineers in the development & design of creative & reliable solutions for our customers.
- Take part in a 24/7 on-call rotation to address mission-critical incidents as they arise, escalating as necessary to oncall teams & business partners
What We Value
- Strong teamwork, project management, & organizational skills with an ability to adapt, multitask, & navigate a complex, rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of the fuboTV platform, & use written/verbal communication skills to explain complex technical concepts to users of all technical abilities.
- Ability to self-identify & effectively seek technical & operational information necessary to close knowledge gaps.
- Meticulous attention to detail, including maintaining accurate records & diligently tracking key project metrics.
- Ability to work independently, optimize processes, & make decisions under minimal supervision.
- Engineering and/or Operations-focused degree work, or equivalent experience. Experience in fields such as Software Engineering, Electrical/Information Engineering, System Administration, IT Operations, Data Science, Math, & Physics is preferred but not required.
Perks & Benefits:
- fuboTV provides a highly competitive compensation based on experience & market standards.
- Robust benefit package including stock options, Health/Dental/Vision coverage sponsored up to 100% for employees, 401k, Life Insurance, & commuter benefits
- Free Premium fuboTV Account
- Health & Wellness initiatives including discounts on Gym Memberships.
- Unlimited PTO days & regular company-wide activities.
- fuboTV's main Headquarters are located in Midtown Manhattan.
- fuboTV is an e-verified company