About the Team
As a Harrys Art Direction/Design Summer Intern, youll be joining the Creative Comms team. Were a dynamic group of talented & fun creatives. Our team is responsible for bringing the brand to life across all channels (DTC, retail, brand marketing, partnerships, in-store marketing, packaging, to name a few). The Art Direction/Design Intern role plays an important part by helping our team of art directors & designers create & tell meaningful stories about the brand. During your time on the team, youll shadow your colleagues & get exposure to various art direction & design projects (think: Harrys 2023 Holiday Campaign), while learning the basics of what it takes to be a working AD/Designer at an in-house creative team from Harrys creative leads. Youll be immersed in the unique Harrys work environment & culture to further your professional development & develop your work skills. Were looking for someone who is the ultimate team player: dedicated, enthusiastic, & ready to learn!
What you can expect from our summer internship program:
- Learn about Harrys history & culture through our Summer Interna modified onboarding experience
- Socialize & build your network through regular check-ins, lunches & events with fellow interns
- Develop relationships & secure guidance from mentors from your immediate team & from one of our seven Employee Resource Groups
- Participate in regular Q&As with Harrys Leadership
- Highlight projects you observed & contributed to in an End of Summer Wrap-Up with your fellow interns in a fun & engaging forum
About the Role: Summer Intern Project Examples
- You will assist the Art Director (AD) & team with general campaign development, which includes:
- Assisting AD & team with brainstorming concept territories for brand campaigns large & small
- Assisting AD & team with developing look & feel/art direction for campaigns
- Assisting with translating ideas from concepts on a page into real-world assets
- Possibly working with AD to brief photographers, stylists, and/or illustrators on campaign vision
- Assisting with the nitty gritty cropping & exporting assets for partners
Heres Who Youll Work With:
- Reporting directly to our Associate Creative Director for Harrys brand, in partnership with our Art Director
- Day-to-Day: Harrys Creative Comms team
- Cross-Functional Partner Teams: Harrys Brand Marketing, Retail, Direct-to-Consumer
You Should Apply If Some Or All Of The Following Apply To You
- Youre a rising senior in college or recent grad studying design/art direction/advertising
- Youve got a great eye & are passionate about art direction & design, with an interest in helping guide a brand from the inside while working in-house
- You have in-depth experience with Figma & Adobe Creative Suite
- You are a strong communicator & collaborator, who can work well with diverse set of partners
- You are super organized, & thrive in the details
- You are self-motivated, with the ability to excel in a hands-on, fast paced environment
- You are a lifelong learner
- You are creative, brimming with your own ideas
- You have a good sense of humorwe take our work seriously, not ourselves
Harrys started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harrys has expanded to Canada & Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo & Cat Person, & made our first brand acquisition with Lum.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, the Harrys team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback.
Harrys is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Wednesdays & lunch on Thursdays, & fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, & drinks everyday. Cant forget the free products & the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
We cant quantify all of the intangible things we think youll love about working at Harrys, like the exciting challenges we tackle, the smart & humble team youll get to work with, & our supportive & inclusive culture. That said, our salaries are based on paying competitively for our size & industry. The base salary for this position is $25/hour.
We will be accepting applications until March 2023. We will contact select applicants regarding next steps at that time.