The Sr. Director of Infrastructure will lead the strategy, tech development, & ongoing support of the infrastructure platform, production, & development environments. The mission for this role is to continue with the world-class delivery of NS1 SaaS products to our global customers. This role will ensure that global infrastructure meets projected capacity & performance demands, partners with Engineering to continue tight alignment between building & operating of the product, & ensure the infrastructure remains compliant & secure according to our global regulatory & security requirements. This role will report directly to the SVP of Engineering, & will partner closely with the product management, product engineering, program management, architecture, & finance teams to continue to deliver our current & future products. Experience leading a multi-geographic team, 100% available cloud services, hybrid cloud environments, agile development methodologies, international privacy, & security regulations is key for the role.
NS1 has transformed the way the internet works by automating the deployment & delivery of the worlds most trafficked internet & enterprise applications. Its application networking stack modernizes DNS, DHCP, & IPAM the familiar & universal foundations of all network & internet services to unlock unprecedented automation, visibility, & control. NS1 has more than 600 enterprise customers worldwide, including LinkedIn, Dropbox, & The Guardian, & is backed by investments from Energy Impact Partners, Dell Technologies Capital, Cisco Investments, & GGV Capital.
- Set the global vision & execution strategy for cloud infrastructure & operations for NS1 cloud platform & products
- Build, grow, & mentor a world-class team that delivers an always on, continuously delivered, & secure infrastructure for cloud products & services.
- Collaborate with technical leaders to define & align priorities & create an execution path for delivering on these.
- Work closely with the architecture team to define near & longer term strategic goals along with milestones on how to achieve these.
- Work alongside a technical program manager to define the program roadmap.
- Create a well-informed cloud strategy & manage the adoption process, describing the structure, characteristics, behavior, & other aspects of software to project stakeholders.
- Provide leadership, technical expertise & architectural solutions in infrastructure, hardware, hosting service, & network areas.
- Oversee complete infrastructure design, systems analysis, security, data center operations, as well as network & voice communication.
- Lead a team that addresses & puts in place a site reliability strategy & related tactics.
- Partner closely with NS1 CISO on SOC2, ISO270XXX, & GDPR strategy & respective activities
- Manage KPIs, Observability, & RKOs to ensure world-class update, availability, & performance. This will require a deep understanding & visibility into the infrastructure & application performance & scale in order to continue with our great track record & prioritized exercises.
- Focus on the customer & drive alignment with all other teams on how the platform is delivered & how this delivery is improved.
Ideally, youll bring:
- Experience setting up entire architecture but not limited to: auto-scaling, fine-tuning, security, deployment, networking, logging.
- Prior experience leading a team that has delivered globally deployed, 100% available, latency critical cloud applications.
- A strong expertise with hybrid cloud deployments using internal, co-lo, AWS, Azure, & GCP platforms.
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code automation & measurement tools.
- Familiarity with DNS protocol
- Experience with Ansible
- Elasticsearch at scale
- Docker experience
- Experience with Hashicorp tools
- Traffic load balancing, filtering, & DDoS mitigation tools
- Messaging, persistent DB & caching systems
- Linux kernel tuning, user-space networking
- Amazon Web Services, Digital Ocean, Vultr, Packet (Equinix Metal), etc.
Must have a valid U.S. work authorization to apply
Working at NS1:
Were a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York Citys Financial District with offices & team members around the world. Working at NS1, youll come to understand our team is unique, both in & out of the workplace. We have PhDs, musicians, artists, & athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. Were hardworking, but we're also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open & honest communication & we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, & creativity. We were chosen as one of BuiltinNYCs Top 50 Startups to watch in 2019 & closed our $40M Series D in July 2020.
For all employees, we offer:
- Competitive compensation, including new hire & recurring stock options
- Flexible hours, time off & work from home options (even prior to COVID-19!)
- Choice of laptop & supplemental allowance for workstation accessories
- In house wellness programming & education
- Access to employee-led affinity & social awareness groups
- Funtivities calendar - employees can participate in culture building workplace activities ranging from happy hours, holiday events & special interest activities
- Quarterly giving campaign to charities & social causes
In addition to the above, we offer US Employees:
- Medical, dental, & vision benefits
- Unlimited vacation time with a mandatory minimum utilized each year
- 401k through Betterment
- Commuter benefits (which well use even more often once we return to the office!)
- An outstanding parental leave policy of up to 18 weeks (12 of which can be consecutive)
NS1 champions diversity - we welcome & employ people regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.