Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about creating products that you & your peers would love.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer that can make a significant contribution to the development of next generation high performance Load Balancers with high availability & proper distribution of loads of traffic. The software you write will drive & enable functionality on thousands of load balancers deployed by our customers. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Senior Software Engineer will lead the design, development, performance tuning & deployment of new services & products.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Design, implementation, test, systems tuning & optimization of new services that run at scale & solve challenging distributed coordination problems.
- Work with other teams within the vertical & across the company to build the next generation of products & services for our developers community.
- Support existing products & contribute creative solutions to the pain points.
- Help improve our toolings & process to ship robust, high performance & mission-critical parts of the ecosystem.
- Use technologies & tools such as: Kubernetes, Go, Consul, Kafka, SQL, Chef, Git, Jira, Sentry, Prometheus, Lightstep, Docker & what not?
What We'll Expect From You:
- Significant experience with Go, C, C++ or Java programming languages & unit tests
- Significant experience with Linux kernel performance tuning & customization
- Strong understanding of networking & familiarity with network routing protocols.
- Great design & problem-solving skills, with a strong bias for architecting at scale
- Familiar with Kubernetes' internal architecture & operations, knowledge of container technologies & the tools & challenges around them
- Experience with Continuous Integration & Delivery (CI/CD)
- Record of creating sweeping improvements in stability, performance & scalability across major business-critical systems
- Record of automating the steps necessary to deliver high-quality, well-tested, & production-ready software from initial development to ongoing, scalable, production operation.
- Bonus: Proficient with networking in Kubernetes, monitoring & logging
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge, & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!