Common is the nations leading residential brand offering convenience & community through coliving & traditional apartments. Our signature tech-enabled property management allows us to deliver unparalleled experiences across our growing portfolio of homes. Common is the preferred choice for both residents looking for a stress-free & all-inclusive living environment, & for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns. Launched in October 2015, we now operate homes across the United States & receive over 15,000 new member applications per month.
Its an exciting time to be part of Commons team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, member service representatives, & so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, & embrace a whatever it takes mentality to ensure our work is done & done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology & real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the worlds rental housing crisis.
Common was founded by Brad Hargreaves & has raised $65MM in venture funding. Brad is a visionary leader with vast experience in the technology & service space, previously founding the education company General Assembly.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, & learn about what its like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, & Twitter. To see more open roles & hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
Common is growing rapidly across the country. We are looking for a personable & self-motivated critical thinker to join our team as our members main point of contact for questions related to their life at Common. If you join our team, youll play an invaluable role in setting the tone of every members experience in Common. This is a part-time entry-level position with strong career development & the opportunity for growth within the organization.
- Be the face of Common for members at the property addressing member inquiries as they come up
- Handle move-in & move-out tasks
- Serve as the first point of contact for all inbound member inquiries, responding to all member inquiries in a timely manner via email & phone
- Draw on the broad knowledge of our homes & services to address member issues, often working closely with the Property Services, Legal, & Finance teams to resolve issues & relay important information to members
- Manage communications around member onboarding & offboarding
- Play a critical role in completing the feedback loop between members & the Design, Construction, & Development teams
- Support the Real Estate & Sales teams in coordinating home tours for prospective partners
- Bachelor's degree
- Prior experience working in customer service, hospitality, client relations or account management self-motivated & comfortable working both independently & as part of a team
- Able to perform at a high level in a fast-paced environment
- An extreme level of empathy & ability to connect with people from all walks of life
- Ability to balance a passion for making people happy while setting expectations that will scale
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills
- Impeccable organization, attention to detail, & ability to handle high volume & manage your own time
- Comfortable using Google suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Sites)
- Experience with Salesforce Service Cloud is a plus!
- Able to think critically about how our team can continually improve the member experience
- Rotating evenings, weekends & holidays are expected
What We Offer
Common is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, & ordinances.