AccuWeather, recognized & documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts & warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries & tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA & other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives & get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com & mobile, as well as AccuWeather for Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, & the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces & distributes news, weather content, & video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeathers many innovative & award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast Minute by Minute forecasts with Superior Accuracy. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies & thousands of businesses globally.
AccuWeather has an exciting opportunity for a user insights/market research professional to join our marketing team. The Analyst, Marketing & User Insights reports to the Director of User Insights, & plays a key role on the team, collaborating daily with marketing, sales, business development, & product team members to representing the voice of the user/customer/consumer with data & insights that inspire action.
The ideal candidate has both qualitative & quantitative research experience. To be successful, they need to be comfortable with all stages of research planning & project management, including consulting with internal stakeholders on front-end objectives & methods, drafting discussion guides or survey questionnaires, analyzing data, writing executive summaries, & recommending actions based on insights. They will be helping to identify research & analytics opportunities; create business cases for proposing cost-effective, high-impact research solutions; communicate the value of insights to leaders; & manage external research vendors. This is a fantastic growth opportunity for a fast-paced, curious, driven-to-succeed research analyst, research associate, or research manager looking to make a difference on a team that values collaboration, inclusion, creativity, & professional development.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholder teams, outside vendors, & research/data partners
- Identify research needs & other data opportunities to support business objectives
- Iterate on the user/customer feedback loop; promote it, own it, & increase its effectiveness
- Manage all qualitative & quantitative research projects, whether in-house or outsourced
- Implement voice of customer feedback programs to support business/product planning, marketing, & PR strategy
- Manage brand health trackers, advertising & brand lift studies, & product pricing studies
- Promote best practices for marketing campaign measurement & analytics, including KPIs, such as cost to acquire, retention, lifetime value, & ROI
- Serve as the central resource for all global competitive intelligence, & actively conduct primary or secondary research to understand competitive positioning & market size
- Actively contribute to Marketing Team ideation & strategy sessions, making recommendations to enhance business decisions, partnerships, campaigns, projects, & processes
- Work with Marketing & business leaders on annual planning & budgeting activities
- 4-8 years of experience in market research or consumer insights, with a mix of qualitative & quantitative research projects, including in-depth interviews, usability testing, survey research, & in-product micro-surveys.
- Experience analyzing & reporting a variety of types of data, including syndicated audience data, CRM, campaign performance metrics, website/app analytics, & social metrics
- Experience with brand panel management, personas, & user journey mapping
- Familiar with data visualization best practices & tools
- A true team player driven by an eagerness to help others, learn new skills, & grow professionally
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants & existing employees & we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy & gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here & its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com & let us know the nature of your request & your contact information.