Pilot is a modern connectivity company based in New York City. We deliver fiber-optic internet & network services to business with no contracts, backed by a 100% uptime guarantee & 24/7 proactive support.
We're a passionate, close-knit team that believes businesses have more important things to worry about than their internet connection. Our top priority is enabling extraordinary work across all industries with connectivity solutions that are adaptive, agile, & designed with the customer in mind.
ON A TYPICAL DAY YOULL
- Interact with executive level customers
- Read, understand, & follow work orders/job scopes created by Pilot Engineers
- Run 3mm terminated fiber optic cable through customer suites
- Create & troubleshoot fiber paths into customer space by drilling through drywall, concrete & brick
- Respond to & resolve emergency fiber outages
- Operate OTDR, Light Meter, VFL & other fiber equipment/tools
- Complete progress reports & job status updates daily
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- Basic construction skills
- Experience operating hammer & core drills preferred
- Interest in providing top notch customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility to accept changing shifts & work locations
- Comfortability working in confined spaces (basements, electrical closets, shaft-ways, etc.)
- Willing to work in all weather conditions
- Valid, clean drivers license (MVR check required)
- Valid OSHA 10 Hour Construction Certification required
- Reliable daily transportation to & from Brooklyn depot
- Capability of lifting up to 75 pounds
PILOTS PAY & PERKS
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Company-sponsored 401(k)
- Stock Options
- Commuter Reimbursement
- Wellness Reimbursement
At Pilot, we believe differences make us stronger, & that our diversity is something to celebrate. Pilot hires without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (and pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Pilot Fiber is not open to third-party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Any resume submitted to a Pilot Fiber employee by a recruiting firm that does not have a valid, written search agreement with us will be considered a referral, regardless of whether it is submitted for a posted position or for general consideration, & no matter how it is submitted (via email, the Internet, or other means). No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by Pilot Fiber as a result of the referral or through other means.
VISA Sponsorship not available