Who We Are
The Farmers Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series C, bringing our total funding to over $100M. We're backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, & Glossier, & are aiming to build a company as healthy as the dogs we feed.
Join The Farmers Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, & much-needed change to the way people feed & care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
We are in search of a Logistics Associate to join The Farmers Dog & help us answer questions like, What do we do when a truck with 2,000 TFD boxes on it breaks down?.
This person will be responsible for coordination of daily outbound shipping operations, execution on weekly network optimization & carrier capacity planning. The role will support the shipping teams across all Fulfillment Centers (FCs) & will standardize shipping operations by building SOPs & managing KPIs. You will also support carrier onboarding & help streamline integration processes.
Day-to-day, youll help facilitate & troubleshoot the logistics of getting boxes to our customers, identify & escalate risks, & work with our Customer Experience team to build processes around carrier & delivery issues. Youll balance these ongoing tasks with long-term projects that impact our whole business & create an outstanding delivery experience for our customers.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Own weekly network optimization & volume planning - this is all the ins-and-outs of successfully getting boxes from our FCs to our customers.
- Supervise daily outbound shipping.
- Build & standardize shipping SOPs to support FC operations.
- Lead carrier communication & foster trusting relationships with business partners across TFD & externally.
- Own weekly carrier scorecarding & reviews to help identify areas for improvement & create carrier accountability.
- Support our KPIs, particularly on time in transit & on time delivery.
We're Excited About You Because
- You have 1+ years of supply chain experience.
- You have strong Excel skills; adept at using VLOOKUP, INDEX MATCH, & Pivot Table functions.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment & have an urgent & proactive approach to your work.
- Youre innately curious, highly collaborative, & have strong communication skills.
- You have strong organizational skills, are meticulously detailed, & are able to multitask & prioritize.
- Experience with Looker, Tableau or similar BI tool, a plus.
- Experience in logistics, supply chain and/or operations, a plus.
- Experience in a warehouse/stock environment, a plus.
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (upon a safe return-to-office!)
- Market-competitive compensation & equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, & Vision
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO & (when in office) WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Strict daily belly rub quota