DIRECTOR, AD OPERATIONS & AD TECHNOLOGY
XO Group (The Knot, The Bump & The Nest) is looking for a strong leader for the Director of Ad Operations & Ad Technology position in the National Strategy & Operations group. This person will be responsible for managing a team of specificalists in ad platforms, revenue products & trafficking operations. This role also collaborates closely with technical product management & yield leaders on strategy & owns the management & evolution of our entire Ad Tech stack (including programmatic & data). Ensures we are conducting business using leading platforms that are best aligned with our monetization strategies & goals.
The ideal candidate has a very strong ad tech background, is a strategic thinker & comfortable working across a variety of platforms & systems. This person is a solutions-oriented problem-solver who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves to get to the right answer or resolve an issue & is focused on performance driven outcomes for our national advertisers.
Responsibilities & oversight include:
Manage the implementation of new ad & data technologies in the ad stack, supporting direct and
programmatic sold campaigns.
Works with Ad Product Manager on the team to create ad product roadmap/strategy - including
execution & development of new product releases.
This role works with cross functional leadership in product & engineering.
Provide technical product managers with operationally efficient ad specifications
Communicate the impact business policy changes have on the advertising business
Manage vendor / platform relationships
Build data structures to maximize business intelligence & ad targeting capabilities
Knowledgeable of ad industry trends to capitalize on revenue opportunities
Attract, retain, develop & motivate the team. Exhibits leadership skills to nurture talent and
provide development guidance & career planning for each individual team member.
Successfully manage a multi-location team in NY & China
Provide direction & problem solving support, coaching the team to work thoughtfully,
independently & productively
Train the team in techniques to ensure accurate results, consistent support & client satisfaction
Push for consistent process improvement & set relevant policies for the team
Operate with a sense of urgency & purpose, tie team activities to overarching business goals
BS/BA or equivalent in marketing, business, technology or other related field
8+ years experience in a technical or ad ops role at an online environment
Deep knowledge of ad serving & data technologies, DFP, DMP (Lotame) & AdX
Enthusiastic, professional demeanor & experience working in a client-oriented setting
(internal or external)
Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced business environment
Excel (Power Pivots/VLOOKUP)
- You love our users.You deeply understand our users & put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve & delight them every day.
- You do the right thing.You are respectful & act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isnt right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective & are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes.You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, & are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective & timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, & escalate when needed.
- You get better every day.You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow & develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
Youll hear a lot about culture & perks from other companies, but we like to think of it as the XO way of life. From unlimited vacation & generous parental leave benefits, to free snacks & Thirsty Thursdays, we believe in happiness above all elsein & out of the office.