Quick Take: Axios is a new digital media company that gets you smarter, faster with news that matters. We're hiring a Politics Reporter!
Why it Matters: We are looking for a talented reporter to work on our Politics team. A successful candidate will be smart & articulate about the policies & everyday events shaping the 2020 election, & will have already built relationships with sources close to the campaigns.
Go Deeper: You will work on our politics team, to help give Axios readers the best & most accurate picture of whats happening in the race for the White House. Youll also be responsible for breaking news & providing details that havent been reported by other publications or networks.
The Details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit & passion for Axios mission. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to break stories, spot trends for longer-range coverage, & convey contextual meaning to developments on the beat. Ideal candidates will also have the following skills:
- A track record of breaking stories & covering news from different angles
- A deep understanding of Washington, specifically how the White House works
- An ability to represent Axios publicly at events & on television
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter & cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, & diverse work culture
- Annual learning & development stipend