We are a talented team of digital marketers, developers, designers & content creators hacking away at our website, Ratehub.ca, Canadas leading financial product comparison platform (think Kayak or Expedia, but for financial products). We compare mortgage rates, credit card rewards, deposit returns & insurance quotes.
We love helping Canadians save money by empowering them with the tools to make smart financial decisions. We believe in financial transparency, product innovation, entrepreneurship & community. That is our modus operandi.
We are looking for a SEO Content Writer. This person will be responsible to improve & add content to new business unit pages on the website & help increase quality & quantity of blog posts. This individual will report to the Business Unit Manager.
This is a great opportunity for a resourceful & self-motivated individual to join a company that is growing exponentially. Prior experience working with financial products is a strong asset. We are looking for a bright, attentive & caring team player to pick up concepts quickly & communicate them easily to others. Ratehub.ca offers a friendly, innovative & collaborative work environment in Downtown, Toronto. Our talented team drives our success, & we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential.
- Fun: You bring your whole self to work & make an effort to contribute to our work place culture in a positive way
- Do the right thing: You are able to assess both customer & company needs to make good business choices
- Growth mindset: You love to learn & try new things
- Hunger: You turn passion into action
- Willing to Help: You care about your team members & are willing to help out outside your realm of expertise.
- Excellent communication & writing skills
- Knowledge of SEO & content marketing best practices (i.e. proper implementation of keywords, H2 formatting etc.)
- HTML & Wordpress knowledge & previous experience
- Marketing mind: Youre always in the headspace of the user
- Analytical: You can breakdown complex information into simple output that is easy to understand & make data-driven decisions
- Data-minded: You can make numbers tell a good story, or connect a good story back to the underlying numbers.
- Wordsmith: You have writing experience & can tell a story from beginning to end, saying what needs to be said in as few words possible
- Resourceful: You dont have all the answers, but you know how to get them
- Quality control: You self-edit & submit only your best work
- Proactive: You are never idle & love being busy
- Project manager: If a task is assigned to you, you take complete ownership over it
- No job is too big or too small mentality: The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary
- Positive attitude: We have a great culture & want to preserve it
- Implementing various elements of content marketing strategy as instructed by Business Unit Manager
- Optimizing current copy on the website (page titles, meta descriptions, h1s, alts, anchor text, etc)
- Writing new SEO friendly copy for pages on the website
- Blog writing & posting (wordpress knowledge required)
- Researching topics in the investing & banking industry to create unique content for the blog & website content
- A successful candidate will help improve organic rankings of a number of keywords hence improving the brand visibility & increase revenue for webpages related to banking & investing.
- Added bonus - If you have strong research skills & would like to contribute to investigating the attractiveness of different business opportunities, performing analysis on market size, unit economics, business models, etc.
Competitive salary: We know its expensive to live/work in Toronto
Flexible hours: Enjoy a couple more hours of sleep in the morning, if you want
Benefits: Health is wealth
Casual dress code: If its good enough for you, its good enough for us
Team spirit: In-suite ping-pong, team socials & hackathons
Refreshments: Healthy snacks, cold drinks, soda water, & espresso
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume or a link to your LinkedIn profile, & a letter expressing why you want to work for Ratehub.ca & a writing sample.
"Go the extra mile - it's never crowded"
Ratehub welcomes & encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.