Common is the nations leading residential brand offering convenience & community through coliving & traditional apartments. Our signature tech-enabled property management allows us to deliver unparalleled experiences across our growing portfolio of homes. Common is the preferred choice for both residents looking for a stress-free & all-inclusive living environment, & for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns. Launched in October 2015, we now operate homes across the United States & receive over 15,000 new member applications per month.
Its an exciting time to be part of Commons team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, member service representatives, & so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, & embrace a whatever it takes mentality to ensure our work is done & done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology & real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the worlds rental housing crisis.
Common was founded by Brad Hargreaves & has raised $65MM in venture funding. Brad is a visionary leader with vast experience in the technology & service space, previously founding the education company General Assembly.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, & learn about what its like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, & Twitter. To see more open roles & hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Marketing Manager to reporting to our Managing Director of Real Estate who will own & analyze Common's B2B lead generation.
- Partner closely with other functional leaders (RE Accounts, RE Product, Brand, Consumer Marketing) to execute your strategy alongside our large team of account managers
- Develop, implement, & measure the success of Common-branded programs & events to expand Commons real estate network
- Measure & track the success of all integrated growth marketing initiatives, & deliver insights to help improve programs, nurture leads, & increase the top of the lead funnel
- Own the following marketing channels:
- Own & analyze Commons B2B email marketing program including bi-weekly newsletters, audience segmentations, A/B testing, campaign automations, & more
- Establish & maintain a conference/awards & sponsorship strategy that drives qualified B2B leads & creates greater affinity for the brand
- Develop & distribute growth marketing materials including case studies, white papers, digital ads, & custom landing pages
- Develop strategic ad campaigns around targeted groups & markets, track conversion rates
- Identify & execute on creative partnerships & activations to differentiate Common as an innovator & increase brand awareness with real estate investors, developers, & owners
- Collaborate with the brand communications team in developing strategic content themes, & amplify PR announcements to drive new leads
- Create & maintain a database of Common real estate statistics
- Evangelize/educate the real estate sales team on the collective marketing plans while collaborating real estate leadership on critical metrics, budget, & forecasting
- 6 to 8 years of experience in B2B marketing, ideally with experience targeting both SMB & Enterprise accounts
- Fluency & experience across all relevant B2B marketing channels & tools, including digital, conferences / events, content marketing, & email marketing
- Proven success in driving leads to the top of the funnel, with a strong focus on measurable results & metrics
- Strong written & verbal communication
- Bachelors degree required
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees & wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy & professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable & valuable health & wellness benefits for our employees such as:
- Paid vacation & sick time
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- FSA + HSA options
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid STD/LTD
- Paid parental leave
- 401k plans
Additional benefits such as equity, paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
Common is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, & ordinances.