Newsela is an Instructional Content Platform that combines engaging, leveled content with integrated formative assessments & insights to supercharge engagement & learning in every subject. Students & teachers use Newsela to find digital content from hundreds of the best sourcesfrom National Geographic to NASA, Biography.com to Encyclopedia Britannica, the Washington Post to the Wichita Eagle. Content is instructionalized to meet students where they are, with interactive tools & analytics to take them where they want to go. Newsela has become an essential solution for schools & districts, with a presence in over 90% of U.S. K-12 schools. Newsela is the content platform for the connected classroom.
The Newsela product experience, across web & mobile, is where our users, teachers & students, engage with content, take integrated assessments & leverage data insights to supercharge student reading & learning.
We are looking for an Associate Product Manager to join the Product team focussed on Growth. Growth at Newsela seeks to improve the acquisition, engagement & retention of product users with a goal to optimize the path to purchase. Teachers, schools & districts have unique needs in how they discover content, use data insights & are involved at different stages of the purchase process. The opportunity for this role is to innovate the product experience around these specific needs to drive engagement & product leads to revenue.
We work in cross-functional teams, spanning engineering, design, data, content, marketing & sales. In this role, youll be responsible for building & executing the products & features with which our users engage daily. Our testing-driven model focuses on exploring & defining great ideas then validating them against our core metrics through live testing with iterative, short-cycle sprints. Were seeking an entrepreneurial product manager who can pair quantitative insights with qualitative findings & who possesses an innovative but disciplined approach to development.
The ideal candidate will have product management experience, a passion for content & education, demonstrable commercial acumen in addition to a strong analytical background.
- Defining & owning part of the Growth roadmap for the Newsela
- Working cross-functionally with teams across Newsela to develop & execute ideas through all aspects of the product development lifecycle including design, development, testing, productization & launch
- Working closely with the content, community & sales team to define new product innovation opportunities
- Data analysis to identify opportunities & ideas to execute against
Experience & Skills
- Huge enthusiasm for defining & evolving a content experience for teachers & students
- 2 years experience in areas of product management with demonstrated history defining great product experiences at a consumer technology or media company
- Experience & demonstrated leadership working effectively with design & engineering teams
- Proven instincts about user experience, design, & consumer needs
- Understanding of quantitative research methods such as AB testing & analytics
- A strong critical thinker with a balance of creative, analytical & commercial skills
- Excellent communication skills & ability to influence & excel in a dynamic, intellectual, results-driven environment
- Direct experience in product design and/or engineering is a plus
- A bachelors degree; BA/BS in STEM subject field preferred
- A passion for content & education & building best in class products
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, start-up environment.
Newsela is strongly committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all individuals. Newsela will make all employment decisions without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.