Job Description|Additional Information
The Anaplan Model Builder is part of our Anaplan Center of Excellence & works with the FP&A, Sales Operations, & Commission functions to build, maintain, & update finance models on the Anaplan connected planning platform. The role will focus heavily on supporting existing Anaplan Models with updates, changes & improvements. Existing Anaplan models include the Financial Forecast, Commission Calculation, Sales Forecast, & Billings Models. The role will also support the scoping, development & roll-out of new Anaplan models as the platform continues to expand through the planning & forecasting processes at Pluralsight. The desired candidate will leverage an understanding of both how FP&A functions & supports the business, & how systems can be leveraged to improve efficiency & accuracy of modeling & forecasting. The ideal candidate will have Finance/FP&A & Financial System (Anaplan, Adaptive, Host Analytics, similar cloud software, or advanced excel modeling) experience.
Who you're committed to being:
- You geek out when creating, dissecting & understanding deep, interconnected models
- You find value in creating a model/forecast that provides others with needed information
- When presented with complex models you are able to understand all the individual parts involved
- You explore multiple methods for developing a model & objectively determine the best approach
- Due to the nature of the role & reporting visibility you are very attentive to detail & presentation
- You have the ability to partner & build trust with different teams across the company
- Understanding of & ability to maintain confidentiality, both internally & externally
What you'll own:
- Support & improve existing Anaplan models for FP&A, Sales Ops, Commission, & Revenue teams
- Will work heavily with the Commissions team to update the model for new comp plans
- Build robust reporting & company KPIs within the current Anaplan models
- Monitor Anaplan API data connections & work with Data Engineering to add new connections
- Participate in & potentially lead future model builds within Anaplan as more use cases are identified, scoped, prioritized, & developed
- Be a central point of contact for all things Anaplan across the company
- Drive process improvements internally to help our finance team become more accurate & nimble
- Learn the new Anaplan UI & help transition existing models to the new UI
Experience you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, IT, or other analytics-related fields
- 3+ years' experience at a technology company, preferably in FP&A or a finance systems function
- Experience with Anaplan model building
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of SQL
- Experience using & modeling data from cloud ERP and/or CRM software
- Understanding of regular budget & reporting cadence at month-end & quarter-end
Working at Pluralsight
Founded in 2004 & trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology skills platform organizations & individuals in 150+ countries count on to create progress for the world.
Our platform helps technologists master their craft & take control of their careers. We empower businesses everywhere to build adaptable teams, speed up release cycles & become scalable, reliable & secure. We come to work everyday knowing we're helping our customers build the skills that power innovation.
And we don't let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us & our values are at the helm of how we work together. It's our commitment to practicing them day in, day out that enables our performance. We're adults, & we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics & trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, & peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds & experiences, & united by our mission, we are one.
Bring yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.