At Appian, were not only about building awesome software, but also about growing our culture of passion, energy, & innovation; great people, great software! As an Instructional Systems Designer, youll partner with internal product teams to transform our content in order to train, empower, & make life easier for our users.
What is Appian? Its a low-code application platform that lets business people build powerful enterprise web & mobile apps with flexible, visual models instead of clunky custom code.
What youll do:
- Demonstrate application building proficiency & knowledge of features in development each release,
- Design & develop e-learning & other web-based training using a broad range of instructional tools & techniques.
- Demonstrate proficiency with e-learning authoring tools (Captivate).
- Demonstrate knowledge of engineering departmental structure & identification of SMEs across departments.
- Establish working relationships with media production team, training delivery team, management, subject matter experts, & end users.
- Design & implement role-based needs analysis for new curriculum planning & development.
- Routinely review content & provide feedback to other ISDs.
- Thorough knowledge of new course SOPs .
- Provide feedback on & make updates to the teams existing processes & procedures to increase efficiency & standardization across ISDs.
Preferred Experience Level:
2-3 years experience with instructional design & development of e-learning content. Knowledge of adult learning theory, e-learning & instructional design principles, ADDIE, Adobe Captivate, Articulate, & SCORM. Must be able to work under tight deadlines.
B.S. in Education, Instructional Design, or related field.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.