Lead Product Designer, Nomad Cloud
Location: US or Canada (Remote); UK/EMEA (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, & security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products that give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large & small to mix & match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, & other clouds & on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
We're designing tools & infrastructure to help our users start, run, & scale an online business from anywhere in the world. That's where you come in: we're looking for a Lead Product Designer for the Nomad team.
About the role:
As a Lead Product Designer working on Nomad Cloud, you'll collaborate tightly with a distributed team of product managers, engineers, to help shape the next version of HashiCorps operator & developer experiences. You'll combine research & creativity to provide our technical users with practical & elegant solutions to complex challenges. You will have a focus on execution, customer value, & impact.
In your cover letter, please include a link to your online portfolio, your CV or LinkedIn profile, & 1-2 paragraphs about your favorite project from any of your work or personal experiences, plus a few words to describe why HashiCorp is interesting to you.
In this role you can expect to:
- Collaborate early & often with engineers & product managers on user experience challenges across the UI, CLI, & API
- Distill complicated problems & complex data models into highly usable & efficient UI experiences
- Lead design projects beginning to end, including facilitating design sprints/workshops & presenting your work to stakeholders, customers, & open-source users
- Deliver user-centered design (including user flows, wireframes, & prototypes) informed by user & market research
- Collaborate with other designers to build & maintain a shared & accessible design language
You may be a good fit for our team if you:
- Can point to product design experiences that you helped ship
- Have experience designing and/or using developer tools
- Clearly articulate design decisions & rationale through excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Work iteratively driven by feedback loops & critique
- Think in systems & patterns
- Thrive in a highly technical space
- Have a positive attitude, an open mind, & a desire to collaborate & learn
As a bonus, you may additionally:
- Be familiar with workload orchestration, containers, and/or microservices architectures
- Understand, & have even implemented, designs in code
- Use the latest prototyping tools to make your work come to life
- Have experience with data visualization
Attributes we look for:
- Empathy for end-users & consumers
- Humility & a learning mindset
- Listening to understand
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Excellent written, verbal, & visual communication skills
- Responsible & takes ownership over work
HashiCorp embraces diversity & equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, & skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.