See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Staff, Storage Software Engineer!
Who we are & why were hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications & data solutions that help companies & developers worldwide build better applications & customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, & we're looking for more builders, creators, & visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is part of a team of talented engineers who build & integrate infrastructure services that improve Twilios ability to provide products to customers while simultaneously delivering industry leading availability. We do this by leveraging great technology like Kubernetes, ClusterAPI, Metal, & MetalLB, while also building our own services or contributing to open source projects.
In this role, youll:
- Build & maintain production ready & easy to use storage solutions for Kubernetes that teams can build on
- Generate documentation that enables customers to intuitively understand our provided services.
- Collaborate across multiple teams & business units to build a strong understanding of our customers & their use cases
- Interact with other infrastructure systems via API.
- Identify infrastructure performance indicators & utilize telemetry tools for visibility & decision making
- Developing & execute automated testing & performance tuning for storage solutions
- Bring new ideas to life through drive & advocacy
- Mentor junior engineers in a way that multiplies your contribution on the team
- Actively drive inclusion & diversity in our organization
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, & we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having desired qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Recent career experience with Go & 4 or more years experience in a full-time software engineering role (any language).
- Experience with deploying & running production storage systems on-premise, preferably Ceph (could also be oxmox, OpenESB, ondat or Nexenta or others)
- Hands on experience with containers & container orchestration such as docker swarm, nomad, and/or Kubernetes
- Experience building backend storage systems or interacting with other systems via API.
- Experience with infrastructure Performance tuning
- A firm grasp of IP networking & load balancing concepts
- A tenacity for learning - curious, & constantly pushing the boundary of what is possible
- Highly effective collaboration skills - you work with your team towards common goals
- A healthy ability to manage & resolve conflict - you have the ability to listen, present, & question effectively
- Self drive - you take complete ownership of your tasks & champion efforts to get your tasks to completion
- Degree in Computer Science or similar experience
- Experience building production ready storage solutions accessible via API
- Operational experience deploying & managing systems on bare metal
- Experience mentoring & providing technical leadership to junior engineers
This role will be remote in the US.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental & wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, & much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, & are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering & donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, & be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
(Location dependent information)
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $160,080 - $220,110.
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidates starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, & geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilios equity plan & for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state & local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.