Peloton Mechanical Engineers architect, design, & test hardware systems for Peloton products. This role collaborates closely with our Industrial Design, Product Management, & Operations team to concept, design, & manufacture the future of fitness. The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment & has grounded experience in product development & working with contract manufacturers.
- Lead Engineering team of 2-3 junior/mid-level engineers through Phase Gate style ProductDevelopment Process
- Direct & approve mechanical design & prototyping work
- Work closely with a global network of suppliers throughout development phases to ensure quality & performance
- Create engineering specifications for fitness products & coordinate development work on mechanical subsystems
- Write & execute test plans at the design & production phases
- Demonstrate proactive collaboration with adjacent development teams to ensure design success, including industrial design, product management, & operations
- Work with the drafting team to ensure appropriate product definition & design controls
- 8+ years mechanical design experience
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience leading engineering teams through New Product Development
- Experience doing development & production planning work with Contract Manufacturers
- Experience with SolidWorks 3D CAD & SW PDM
- Experience with core manufacturing methods including sheet metal, injection molding, machining & casting
- Expertise with test & measurement tools
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, including interacting with executive management
- Spoken & written English
- Ability to multitask & good time management skills
- Positive attitude & high energy!
- Experience in quality management & quality systems
- Process engineering experience
- Proven project or program management experience
- Management experience of junior & staff team members
- Specific expertise in fitness equipment or consumer electronics
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own homes via the Bike, Tread & iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology & design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. We put our users, members, & customers first & we obsess over every touch point of the member experience be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best & encourage all our associates to be Pelotons brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.