Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world & we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services & were growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, & international, & our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
About the Role:
HelloFreshs Senior Manager, Workplace Operations will be responsible for the day-to-day office operations in our NYC headquarters, as well as helping to oversee the workplace operations of our Boulder, CO, & Newark, NJ offices. This role will also oversee the engagement activities across all three worksites to streamline our workplace engagement strategy. In this role, you will be the "go-to" for all office-related requests, maintenance, & improvements. You'll also be working on strategic projects both independently & in coordination with the People team.
You will be energized by this role if you enjoy working with autonomy, partnering with key stakeholders across multiple departments including the executive team & enjoy being the go-to person of an office. The ideal candidate is ambitious, detail-oriented, personable, & does not get easily frazzled. You are a strategic thinker with experience in managing office engagement in a growing environment. You should pride yourself on your quality of work & relationship building skills. Diligent follow-up, attention to detail, & an ability to develop & execute best practices that align with our culture will be a big asset.
This is a great opportunity for someone seeking long-term growth within our company & wants to help us build a vibrant, upbeat office culture. If you thrive in an exciting & evolving environment, you'll play a critical part in scaling our business. This position is part of the People team & you will have the opportunity to directly impact culture.
You will be responsible for:
- Creating a best-in-class work environment for HelloFreshs employees & guests across three worksites in partnership with our workplace experience team
- Being the key leader of facility operations, maintenance, & security in partnership with center of excellence teams
- Leading a team of employees who support efficient facility operations across non-fulfillment center sites
- Developing & implementing scalable solutions across all three offices inclusive of safety protocols & procedures associated with with health & the current pandemic
- Achieving cost savings & support at/below budget, through maximizing utilization of suppliers & preferred vendors/contractors & by identifying efficiency opportunities across all three offices
- Building a strategy & ROI for office enhancements, in partnership with the Associate Director of Real Estate & the Director of Safety & Security
- Playing an integral part of move teams, planning, & implementing moves, including for future growth within the office for minimal disruption to existing employees in partnership with the Associate Director of Real Estate
- Sourcing & overseeing facilities maintenance & supply needs for the company including placing orders for all consumables as needed
- Keeping a record of all necessary information pertaining to purchases & budgets & submit monthly expenses through Concur
- Establishing & maintaining relationships with third parties/vendors as needed inclusive of review & approval of all invoices, proposals, & other service provider submittals
- Ensuring the safety of our people by developing/maintaining/updating emergency action plans & providing health & safety risk assessments in partnership with our Director of Safety & Security - this includes office ADA requirements & emergency preparedness plans
- Serving as the main point of contact for NYC office emergencies, including after hours & weekends
- Partnering with IT & People teams to ensure all new hires are set up appropriately & leavers have a smooth transition across all three offices - promoting culture & a positive work experience
- Working with building management to ensure the office is functioning optimally & for maintenance to ensure office safety & communicate information to employees
- Managing & monitoring office supplies, inventory, & swag in accordance with the budget
- Owning the physical employee experience at our NYC HQ location & working with leaders to ensure the productivity & engagement of all employees
You will bring:
- A balanced mix of people, technical, analytical & operational skills
- An ability to build strong partnerships & work collaboratively, cross-functionally across a multi-site business
- Creativity & an entrepreneurial spirit to all aspects of your work
- An orientation toward rolling up your sleeves to get things done
- Passion for making workplaces operate seamlessly
- Ability to multi-task and handle unexpected changes & challenges
- Customer service orientation with a keen sense of urgency & prioritization
- Flexible approach with superb interpersonal skills, both in verbal & written communications
- 5+ years of experience as a manager responsible for complex operations at large office sites
- Bachelors degree preferred, but not required - equivalent work experience considered
- Experience supporting engagement activities for a remote workforce a plus!
- Experience in establishing & managing routine work requests that include coordinating with electricians, plumbers, HVAC mechanics, equipment repair technicians or other outside vendors
- Strong project management skills including proven skills in planning & budgeting
- Space management & programming experience
- Proficient skills with Google Suite, MS office applications, Slack
- Strong attention to detail, organizational planning, time management, & multitasking abilities
- A demonstrated ability to run multiple projects & priorities within agreed timelines & budgets
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced workplace with rapidly changing priorities
- A willingness to be self-directed, with a knack for solving problems & spotting inefficiencies
- No ego. You are up for anything thrown at you & you tend to stay calm in stressful situations
- Demonstrated expertise in providing high-quality support services with an ability to identify, analyze & problem solve service-related issues
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
Our team is diverse, high-performing & international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive!
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because they are a protected veteran.